Cleaning HPS bulbs and advice on a clone light.

Due to my white fly problems with this grow I have a lot of dead ones(they smell like bacon lo) on my HPS bulb. I do have yellow traps out but it is too late to spray. About 2 to 3 weeks to pick
I assume the best thing to wipe it clean with would be a  brand new lint free cloth. the ones you used to use to clean records and c.d. and camera lenses? 
Other advice?

I'm looking at buying a light to grow some clones and keep a little mother.
I cannot ventilate the area so HPS and anything that gives of heat is just not acceptable.
LED or  get some new fluoro's.
A mate gave me his fluoro set up and it's very old, gets very hot on top and sometimes I wonder if I will wake up in the middle of the night with the house on fire which is the only reason I want to replace it.

Thanks again for any and all of your time

Iso or Metho on a lint free cloth.. and wipe dry let stand for 10-15 min before starting. I have always cleaned my HPS lights this way before I use them. 

Replace globes and starters in the fluorescent bank will help with transformer heat .. They get warm but not hot you should be able to hold your hand on the hot spot Just..

Edited by Traviss
  • Upvote 1

How much space do you have for the mothers? Ive just picked up some Mojo Cow PS1 fluros running 6500k and 10000k t5 tubes. Nice little setup I'm happy with. Not the most powerful mother/clone setup but it keeps the heat down and does the job well.
  • Upvote 1

BigBud the i have used a few different types of clone lights the best i found and fastest was a 150watt Metal Halide since we don't sell MH's that small over here for horticultural use i found a cheap brand new one on ebay it was designed for factories i just removed the reflector and ran it like that, i still have this light 10 years later

my clones rooted in 6 days with around 20 root shoots per rockwool cube they were so fast they didn't even need hardening off

my heating pad was a normal storage container filled with water and an aquarium heater placed inside the container, i cannot remember what temp i had it set to but the water would fluctuate in temps from like 19c to 28c i think this fluctuation helped the roots strike and fast!

• Upvote 1