Where can I order unfeminised auto seeds?

I recently bought a pack of 20 ak47 auto seeds but found out by mistake that they don't respond well to soaking overnight before planting. Lost 15 seeds. Planted remaining 5 directly into seed raising mix and 3 came up. I wanted to make lots of seed so I figured I still had enough. All 3 came up female. The website amsterdamconnected.com didn't say they were feminised so I assumed they weren't even though I realise a lot of sellers only deal in feminised auto strains. Is there anywhere I can buy unfeminised auto strains or must I treat a plant with chemicals to turn it male? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Some of the seedbanks have search functions that filter out regular vs photoperiod, others you'll have to trawl through them manually.  There are some reg auto's in the marketplace, but not a lot, and of those many are not overly desirable.  I found one strain that sounded alright, but 8 out of 8 came up female, and they had an awkward sensitivity so I wouldn't recommend it.  Colloidal Silver, or Silver Thiosulphate, will turn a fem plant, but the pollen takes ages to produce, so you need to do it in advance of starting the mum to be.

Thank you Sir. Useful information there. Are those chemicals available through nurseries? It's hard for me to pick a strain as I like both couchlock and cerebral varieties. So I guess I'll buy both or a mixture of both. The only thing I don't like is the paranoia. Makes me think there is a cop hiding behind every tree. The ak47 strain was surprisingly paranoia free.

If I crossed an auto with a regular strain to get seed how likely would the new seeds be to have autoflowering qualities? 50% maybe? Would they just flower inbetween at 4 months instead of 6? I suppose it took years of careful cultivation to inject ruderalis qualities into crossbreeds.

Edited by LegaliseCannabis

CS can be bought in health food shops, make sure it's at least 30ppm.  Dunno about the thiosulphate.

Photo onto auto produces pretty much 100% photoperiod in the 1st gen.  You have to do a cross within that generation which will throw up a something like 25% auto's from memory, and keep selecting among the auto offspring for something like 5 generations to get back to full auto.  Dunno if that's completely correct, but it's something along those lines.

I recently bought a pack of 20 ak47 auto seeds but found out by mistake that they don't respond well to soaking overnight before planting. Lost 15 seeds. Planted remaining 5 directly into seed raising mix and 3 came up. I wanted to make lots of seed so I figured I still had enough. All 3 came up female. The website amsterdamconnected.com didn't say they were feminised so I assumed they weren't even though I realise a lot of sellers only deal in feminised auto strains. Is there anywhere I can buy unfeminised auto strains or must I treat a plant with chemicals to turn it male? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Buying regular seeds does not guarantee male plants will pop its still a gamble.. You can force a female to produce male flowers for breeding female seeds ( there are a few methods like silver etc ) As for the soaking method Never had an issue with any breed in decades so not sure what happened there ,maybe to cold or the water wasn't sterilised did any of them open at all and then die ?

I was just going to buy a large quantity to make the odds favourable. I only need one male and it should be 50:50 odds over a large number of seed.

None of the soaked seeds grew. I was wondering if it was chlorine in the tap water. It was late summer but not cold. I threw all the seed raising mix into a big bowl after a week and a half and later found one had germinated in there. A really long root and stunted leaves. Poor thing. Otherwise nothing. Confused the hell out of me too as I've always had a higher germination rate with soaking. I put them in a glass jar at night and put them on a bed of cotton wool the next morning quite early. So no more than 8 hours soaking. Maybe the cotton wool was no good. It wasn't sterilized. To be honest its hard to find nowadays and I pulled it out of an old armchair. The seeds had cracked open like they were germinating.

Edited by LegaliseCannabis

I was just going to buy a large quantity to make the odds favourable. I only need one male and it should be 50:50 odds over a large number of seed.

None of the soaked seeds grew. I was wondering if it was chlorine in the tap water. It was late summer but not cold. I threw all the seed raising mix into a big bowl after a week and a half and later found one had germinated in there. A really long root and stunted leaves. Poor thing. Otherwise nothing. Confused the hell out of me too as I've always had a higher germination rate with soaking. I put them in a glass jar at night and put them on a bed of cotton wool the next morning quite early. So no more than 8 hours soaking. Maybe the cotton wool was no good. It wasn't sterilized. To be honest its hard to find nowadays and I pulled it out of an old armchair. The seeds had cracked open like they were germinating.

I would say dirty Old arm chair cotton is the cause...just use tissues or toilet paper.. Or get cotton wool from the chemist .

edit..They have sterile cotton wool balls at Chemist warehouse  

Edited by Traviss