Nice suprise

Well I planted these before going away for the weekend and I forgot to water them before I went away so I wasn't expecting them to do much at all if anything but I came home to a nice surprise with a pretty good germination rate so far,I'm still hopeful that a few more might rear there heads yet over the next day it so,its basic but this is what I do, I use a good quality seed raising mix and only water them once a day in the morning if needed,if the mix looks still wet I wait till I see the top surface showing a slight signs of drying then continue with watering,to much water is no good especially this time of year,except for this time as I neglected them over the weekend but they didn't seem to mind at all,also I have used tap water in the past with the same success I might just add that if this was a spring planting I would probably water a little bit more frequently and only in the afternoon, that's it simple but it works

post-60506-149420849664_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Yeah thanks gazza I've marked the sides off the trays,I've made that mistake a few times over the years lol but these days after having the same stains for so long I have a pretty good idea what's what just by looking at especially when they start to flower that's really when I can look at them and say yep that ones a Kandy Kane,that's ones a black magic that ones a triple p,green ghost,a licorice ect,just my names for em,not sure what the hell I'm gunna do ATM because I haven't got all of my summer crop out of the ground yet and there in the area where I was planning to put my winter crop so I timed that pretty poorly, I dunno pots maybe till I'm ready for em,I don't really like pot in pots I like to get em in the ground and let grow out to there pull potential, big as I can get em lol but outside winter grows don't really produce big plants so yeah I'll probably pot em up in a week or so,I've had a fair bit of rain today which I didn't really want on my big plants at this stage of flowering,fingers crossed they handle it,there still about three weeks of harvest and there big heavy solid buds,I'll be out first thing tomorrow checking for mould,again lol ahh the joys

To be honest cardrona I'm really not sure at this stage,mostly because I've never done a winter outdoors before but I'll defiantly keeps updates going as it all starts happening, or not happening lol I've got a pretty good idea of how I'm going to do it, I've seen it done with tomatoes and canna in winter so I'll have a good crack at it,haven't done any big experiment projects for a while, I'm a curious to see how it all pans out myself

Yeah Fletcher,I've been thinking about those exact same questions mate lucky for me seed is not a problem so I'm just going to have a crack at and see what happens and learn as I go but from what I've seen from another persons results is that I'm not expecting big plants,what I'm expecting is foot or so high plants with one single head about 6to7inch and make up for size in numbers,but it is going to be a first for me winter planting I'll just have to see what happens and take pics and updates that I can share experience here on osa, could be a big fail yet but I'm willing to try new things and see what comes of it,iv got nothing to lose by giving it a try I recken