Vape's Is it more like a Joint or a bong

Ive been looking at changing from smoking Joints to a Pen Vape but im a little worried.

I like the feel and stone of a joint and I have always hated Bongs ,the smell of the water, the hard fast hit and the anti social ness ..

I have tried a Volcano thing with the bag and was not a fan at all .. The stone felt to bongish and sitting around sucking on a garbage bag is fucking ridiculous .

So are the Herb pens more like a joint ???

Seen a few at the store yesterday but didnt get a chance to ask about them I was to busy shopping for other shit.

I changed over from joints to a Vaporizer last year. Loving it. I got the Storz & Bickel Crafty. Worst thing about it is you do need to recharge it quite frequently. You can customize the temperature and also moderate how deeply you draw on it, so it can be more joint like or more bong like, depending on how you prefer it. I also like the fact that I am now just vaping straight bud rather than my happy herb mix, or in the past tobacco. Vaping is supposed to be "healthier" than smoking. The bud doesn't get hot enough to combust, which supposedly is the cause of cancerous toxins...

The Crafty was pretty exxy, but I figure it is something I use regularly so it was worth spending the money for that German engineering

Edited by eddie420
  • Upvote 1

I don't miss the smell of bongwater, let alone cleaning the fucking things.

As to your question, I would imagine that choice of vaporiser will make some difference, but for me I'd describe the stone as gravitating more towards edibles than bongs or joints, but that could also be a bit subjective.  Dunno about the pen ones, but mine is simply hot air through hash or buds, simple and effective and I love it.

They don't hit as hard and fast as pulling cones, and it can take a few days to get used to using them before they get fully effective, no idea why that can be the case but it's worth persevering.  Also requires more time than pulling cones, but if you're a joint toker that shouldn't put you off.

But the flavours that come through vs smoking are awesome, and you won't believe some of them. 

Research what sort you want, and look for independent reviews, before purchase.  And don't bother with the really cheap ones, think of it as a long term investment.

• Upvote 1

I changed over from joints to a Vaporizer last year. Loving it. I got the Storz & Bickel Crafty. Worst thing about it is you do need to recharge it quite frequently. You can customize the temperature and also moderate how deeply you draw on it, so it can be more joint like or more bong like, depending on how you prefer it. I also like the fact that I am now just vaping straight bud rather than my happy herb mix, or in the past tobacco. Vaping is supposed to be "healthier" than smoking. The bud doesn't get hot enough to combust, which supposedly is the cause of cancerous toxins...

The Crafty was pretty exxy, but I figure it is something I use regularly so it was worth spending the money for that German engineering

I got a crafty too, hooked up to my bong... best of both

Have purchased and used a couple of vapes over the last couple of years . But always go back to glass bong.

Old fark bongers die hard!

If ya bong water smells you've had too many through it and should have cleaned it 2 days before hand.

Love me Agung glass bong with light globe style tar catcher.

Bit of salt and metho and clean like new.

Smooth as.

Edited by oldfark

I use a Flower Mate 5 vape. Great battery life. A couple of mates have tried it, but it takes a little getting used to not sucking like it was a joint or bong. A friends wife liked it so much (she's very patient and a quick learner) she actually bought one and dropped the tobacco. I think the flavour and easy stone (indica hybrid) are nice.

Have purchased and used a couple of vapes over the last couple of years . But always go back to glass bong.

Old fark bongers die hard!

If ya bong water smells you've had too many through it and should have cleaned it 2 days before hand.

Love me Agung glass bong with light globe style tar catcher.

Bit of salt and metho and clean like new.

Smooth as.

Just use dish washer tablet and water comes up clean as