First Med Canna shipment arrives in Oz

Shame its chemical cannabis so heavily refined it may as well be synthetic. Also why import something that could be grown and refined in Australia creating Aussie jobs and an industry of our own? I admit a step in the right direction but I feel those who need it the most will be at the mercy of American big Pharma companies peddling an overpriced product to suffering people.

• Upvote 1

Hey Gonzo,

I hate to admit it... ...but, I have to agree. Overpriced pharma crap. But in saying that, we have to start somewhere and although we want GVM, we have to start somewhere. We have to keep pushing the govt to pull their fingers from their arses and not just listen to the AMA but to the patients who need it, and approve GVM for the masses. First the fed govt said yes, that wasn't the end. Then the states said yes, this wasn't the end. Now they have approved importation of pharma canna, but again this ain't the end, the push needs to continue until we have approval to grow our own meds for our own needs. We need to make sure the process does not stall and stop on pharma crap. If that was to occur it would be a massive letdown for us all we NEED approval to grow our own meds for our own needs. Allow us to legally supply our own needs.

Merl1n

• Upvote 2

Oh I agree a journey always starts with the first steps and the push should only stop once full legalisation has occurred however I fear this is just something that is almost engineered fail so the AMA and big Pharma can continue to say "cannabis is a charlatan snake oil with no medicinal benefit"

The saddest part of the whole medicinal cannabis movement is those who can least afford to be delayed are often the ones who are taken advantage of. I still cannot understand why the flower of the plant cannot be sold for the patient to administer with what ever means they see fit. Smoking isn't the only way to ingest cannabis, something I don't think politicians fully understand.

• Upvote 2

I completely agree with your first statement. It shouldn't stop until we have full unfettered access. Keep the AMA and other vested interest parties (big pharma) out of it. Personally I believe this is a health issue, not a drug issue. If the health focus could be maintained by handing authority to the health department and the department of Agriculture and not the pharmas this could be a plus for everybody involved.
I do however have an issue with this statement "I still cannot understand why the flower of the plant cannot be sold for the patient to administer with what ever means they see fit."
Opium is a natural substance from a flower of a plant too, but heroin is one of the worst drugs of dependence known. I believe that the thinking of opium (natural) and canna (natural) being in the same classification is a massive part of the international communities drug policy dilemmas. Canna needs to be removed from the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961 and reclassified imo. Some state govt's are altering their policies/acts both here and in the U.S, along with some other nations, at the present time. But we can still be prosecuted by the Feds, until the convention is altered we will all be walking a fine line.

But being a 'flower of a plant' cannot be the fallback position. If we use that as our position, we will get 'shot down in flames'. And hand it all to big pharma, just like opiates. No, No and NNOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1