Isopropyl alcohol

Imo a rice cooker is not necasary. A quick wash (put green in a bottle and shake for 30 seconds) and strain through a coffee filter works great and gives a very pure product. To evap either leave to evaporate for a week or so or use a reptile mat set at 30C in an esky with the lid ajar for a quicker evaporation. Once iso has evaporated you'll be left with a product that is solid in cool temps and extremely viscous and sticky in warm temps. To test if iso has evaporated, use a pin or similar to get a little dab and put a flame to it, if it poos ans sizzles, there is still iso in the mix, if it melts, it is ready. You can then use the iso hash as a base for edibles or oil infusion.

If using iso for edibles, should you decarboxylate first? Thought I read that somewhere

OK thanks guys, I'm getting closer, I've been doing lots and lots of homework but sometimes I'm just not sure as there's a lot of conflicting info out on the web and im kind of just checking with oz stoners to conferm if I'm doing it all right just to be sure before I go ahead and have a stab at it,thanks so much for all your help people, I would not be able to be at the stage I'm at without OS,seriously I've been learning so much over the last 7or8weeks and it feels pretty good to be a little wiser and more educated,thanks OS

There is the ultrasonic extraction method as well.

Where you use one of those ultrasonic jewellery cleaner type of thing you place the herbs in along with some olive oil and run and it will infuse the oils from the weed into the olive oil.

That is one way it is done for making meds to be taken, then use a eye dropper to dose.

That is one way Andrew Katelaris made meds...

leave the lid off in a dust free area under cover inside ....it is slow in winter though....

Otherwise ....get a saucepan and fill it with boiling water and sit a bowl in the top with the alcohol and oil and it will begin to bubble and evaporate ....dont do it on a gas stove though 

only electric. Or do it on the bbq outside lid open on low.... temps are harder to regulate though

And when you get it to 95 % evaporated pour it into your final dish and let the last bit evaporate naturally 

Edited by cardrona