Isopropyl alcohol

I'm getting ready to have crack at making rso for the first time I'm a bit nervous and I just want be sure I have the right stuff,a mate dropped this out to me a few days ago and there's not much info on the bottle and very plain packaging so is this the right stuff?and also is that a fair price for 2litres of isopost-60506-149295556061_thumb.jpeg or what

As long as your Isopropyl doesn't contain dye or anything else, in other words the liquid should be clear like water. Otherwise looks good and price looks fine but I've never purchased ISO in Australia before so thats just my opinion on the price.

Just some advise all though you may already know, its worth mentioning. Whenever useing Isopropyl Alcohol, be very careful round flame or any kind of heat source. It is extremely flammable and the fumes can build up in an enclosed space very quickly. In other words when your brewing this stuff make sure you are in a very well ventilated area especially if useing an open gas flame.

Edited by Higgs

Thanks all,I just wanted to double check I've got the right stuff before venturing any further ,FF mate picked it up at jaycar electronics,MT it was 26bucks for 2litres,cardrona thanks for that I'll be careful I'm already very nervous about the whole process but I need the medicine like yesterday so I've got to keep moving forward with things,I've just got to buy a rice cooker,are all rice cookers equal or are some better than others?,I'm not sure if this is the best method or not? There's so many different ways and I want to be making a clean, potent oil for myself for this first go and then after that start making a batch for hubby and another batch for my young daughter who suffers with bad epilepsy, I'm a little confused is rso going to be the right medicine for all of us?I don't know, hubby doesn't smoke and daughter is a child so I really don't what them to be out of it as a result of giving them this medicine, ahhh can anyone give a bit more advice on this please

Imo a rice cooker is not necasary. A quick wash (put green in a bottle and shake for 30 seconds) and strain through a coffee filter works great and gives a very pure product. To evap either leave to evaporate for a week or so or use a reptile mat set at 30C in an esky with the lid ajar for a quicker evaporation. Once iso has evaporated you'll be left with a product that is solid in cool temps and extremely viscous and sticky in warm temps. To test if iso has evaporated, use a pin or similar to get a little dab and put a flame to it, if it poos ans sizzles, there is still iso in the mix, if it melts, it is ready. You can then use the iso hash as a base for edibles or oil infusion.
  • Upvote 3

Thank you FF just curious if I use that esky method and just let evaporate naturally does that mean it will not activate the THC because I'm not using heat? And there for be OK for me to give to my child I not sure about that,but also I do want a very potent oil for myself,I want to make oil for three different purposes,one to slow the growth and spread of prostate cancer,one for controlling or reducing epilepsy and one for me that blows my hair back lol I'm just not sure if rso covers all these areas, am I on the right track?

I won't tell you what to do re form of medication for your child as I'm not certain, so you will need to research what I'm about to write instead of accepting it:

I believe that the oil they use for children with epilepsy is an infusion into some form of vegetable oil, maybe with heat, maybe cold press, not sure.  But I am fairly certain it isn't QWISO, or RSO.  You may be able to use hash oil to make the infusion/tincture, but I'm not sure about that either, and if you did you probably wouldn't want decarbed/activated oil, so you'd then want to go for a slow, low temp, evaporation.

If you can find out for sure what sort of medicine they use for kids, someone on here will likely be able to help you with making it, but you really need to be certain before starting.

QWISO will take care of the other 2 purposes though.  I'll recommend the sunny method for making it, which is basically taking the infused ISO and sitting it in the sun for a little while to degrade any chlorophyll that leeches into it, you'll see it change colour, then you start the evap process.

:peace: