o2 grow

Root rot occurs in deoxygenated water soaked roots...I have used oxygenated water in aquaponics and it works well.

Make your own ....flowing moving and falling water is oxygenated make a run for it or use bubblers

To treat root rot and ensure it never returns to your hydroponic marijuana setup, you will first need to change the temperature of the growing space. This will also lower the water temperature in your reservoir, which is perfect.

By lowering the temperature, you are allowing more oxygen to be held in the water, which your plants need to properly combat this parasite. Increased oxygen intake also has the added bonus of speeding up plant growth in general. Pythium comes when the water temperature is too high (usually above 22c). If the temperature is kept 22c degrees or lower, you will greatly reduce the chances of root rot occurring. If you have a good supplement, however, higher temperatures will be okay.

As a second way of increasing your plants’ oxygen intake in a hydroponic system, you could purchase a large air pump and air stones. More bubbles and surface movement, in general, is useful in increasing the oxygen content of the water. Oxygen helps your plants grow, plus Pythium does not like water that has lots of oxygen, making this a twofold way of keeping your plants healthy.

Another option is to specifically add good bacteria to the water in a hydroponic system, which will help with any root-based diseases or conditions, as well as making  more available  nutrients for absorption by the plant.

• Upvote 2

Root rot occurs in deoxygenated water soaked roots...I have used oxygenated water in aquaponics and it works well.

Make your own ....flowing moving and falling water is oxygenated make a run for it or use bubblers

To treat root rot and ensure it never returns to your hydroponic marijuana setup, you will first need to change the temperature of the growing space. This will also lower the water temperature in your reservoir, which is perfect.

By lowering the temperature, you are allowing more oxygen to be held in the water, which your plants need to properly combat this parasite. Increased oxygen intake also has the added bonus of speeding up plant growth in general. Pythium comes when the water temperature is too high (usually above 22c). If the temperature is kept 22c degrees or lower, you will greatly reduce the chances of root rot occurring. If you have a good supplement, however, higher temperatures will be okay.

As a second way of increasing your plants’ oxygen intake in a hydroponic system, you could purchase a large air pump and air stones. More bubbles and surface movement, in general, is useful in increasing the oxygen content of the water. Oxygen helps your plants grow, plus Pythium does not like water that has lots of oxygen, making this a twofold way of keeping your plants healthy.

Another option is to specifically add good bacteria to the water in a hydroponic system, which will help with any root-based diseases or conditions, as well as making  more available  nutrients for absorption by the plant.

Good post mate, thanks a ton!

Yeah i realize the problem was at first my rez temps. so iv decided to get a chiller even though its getting cold, my rez still gets to 25+ sometimes and 28+ on hot days...... this is with frozen water bottles being used.

i actually have a large 10 way air pump. i had a large 50mm air round air stone in each tub....i just pulled up today as i was getting to much mold...bad weather kicked in (rain) and of the mold went on the last 2 weeks of flower! im kinda glad as iv now gotten rid of the main cause of the root rot the mother plants...reckon im going to get atleast half p on each plant with the plants being affected with root rot. i think the amount of air i as giving them was stopping the rot alot form affecting my girls any firther!!!

im now thinking to add another pump in my small system to make a few water falls in my rez to make more oxygen. thanks for that idea..

Also i purchased great white, its supposed to be one of the best bacteria products out yeah? only issue is it expired 1 year and 3 months ago.... expire date on it is 2016 the 1st month of the year. do u think it product will still be all good? iv tried contacting the maker but no responce yet! 

anyway i am now focused on 1 small grow room with 23 small clones all just starting to root now. using great white hoping that helps them out and stops the root rot also with the extra water fall type things ill be adding i think this might solve my issue. im hoping.......

tomorrow i need to trim 1 last plant its been a huge day trimmed 3 large plants about 1.5P i guess and about half a p to go tomoz. after that ill be doing a massive disinfectant and chucking away my old system and replacing it with a home built current culture setup.....

if my clones look to go shit in the next few days im starting totally fresh, i have 3 strains from SSS on the way and tempted to order more lol. also thinking i might get some clones from a mate ;) see what happens.

hoping for the best!

Edited by medicalgrower

I personally would just chuck out your DWC buckets rather than clean and disinfect them i know its a lot of money but its hard to know u have gotten into and cleaned every pot 100% all it takes is one to spoil the lot if linked

if your harvesting a couple p's mate invest in those aerators they can only help

i yucked out the main pots today mate, i also bleached/disinfectted ALOT of stuff in my grow area.

also i just purchased new DWC pots today. ;) it was already my plans mate! cheers ;0

yeah couple P im hoping for! might be more will just have to wait n see ey!

invest in the o2 grow unit u mean mate? have u seen good review on them?

im truly thinking about it along with a chiller.

chlorinated water mix ....will clean them..

we use this in the nursery industry to recycle pots..let them soak for more than 30mins 

http://www.phytoclean.com.au/uploads/1/1/4/9/11493591/__nursery_pathogens.pdf

ok cheers, how about a strong bleach and water solution? will this kill the root rot from all my gear yeah?

just this is what iv used to clean all my gear that has not been thrown out. will this be work? if so ihow long is a soaking required to kill the root rot with white king?

atm im soaking alot of shit in bleach/white king hoping this works if its not going to %100 i will use your method cardrona. 

will the whiteking work just as good as a chlorinated water mix?

Edited by medicalgrower