nice one sweetleaf.

If ever you wanted to sell some of your compost and mulch ... lol ... you would have a few takers. 

not sure of the logistics of doing it without giving away too much info ... but hope there won't be a need for stealth soon. :)

Sexy Organic Dirt ;)

this stuff pug1010?
  • Upvote 2

I hear you sweetleaf 72 I to am in a similar place ...contact me when it changes ...

companion planting works well .....

I had a basil patch with my girls in 2016

and they plant well with the 3 sisters technique.

Will do cardrona...I have been doing a lot of research into getting a license..only a matter of time now I guess. 

Did basil help with the grasshoppers etc?

• Upvote 1

this stuff pug1010?

We just converted our old septic tank (been pumped out and disconnected for the last 10+ years), to a herb patch. Put down a layer of gravel then emptied our 220L worm farm as well as another 250L soil. Just waiting to turn in the living mulch then she'll be ready for planting :) Just wish we could plant all our fav herbs in there.....

• Upvote 2

We just converted our old septic tank (been pumped out and disconnected for the last 10+ years), to a herb patch. Put down a layer of gravel then emptied our 220L worm farm as well as another 250L soil. Just waiting to turn in the living mulch then she'll be ready for planting :) Just wish we could plant all our fav herbs in there.....

Great idea with the septic tank! We just converted to a composting toilet and the old septic is just sitting there looking ugly..it's been pumped but it's still quite...fresh...I will definitely look into that though..

Garlic! thats good to know...Is there any herbs/vegies they don't like sharing a home with?

• Upvote 1

Just waiting to turn in the living mulch then she'll be ready for planting 

in a no till system you would just chop & drop = lazy gardening 

in nature the majority of action is on the soil surface where dead leaves , animal & bug poo gets deposited

will get those worms moving round the mulch layer , aerating the soil , composting & plant feeder roots will thank you for it 

We just converted to a composting toilet and the old septic is just sitting there looking ugly..it's been pumped but it's still quite...fresh..

a poss solution to the fresh septic tank , EM- 1 https://www.teraganix.com/Effective-Microorganisms-and-Septic-Systems-s/28.htm

interesting , how does the composting toilet work , sounds pretty cool 

• Upvote 1

in a no till system you would just chop & drop = lazy gardening 

in nature the majority of action is on the soil surface where dead leaves , animal & bug poo gets deposited

will get those worms moving round the mulch layer , aerating the soil , composting & plant feeder roots will thank you for it 

a poss solution to the fresh septic tank , EM- 1 https://www.teraganix.com/Effective-Microorganisms-and-Septic-Systems-s/28.htm

interesting , how does the composting toilet work , sounds pretty cool his is pretty 

Thanks will have a look at the site.

This is pretty much the set up we have http://www.ecofilms.com.au/tanias-compost-toilet-tour/

Thanks will have a look at the site.

This is pretty much the set up we have http://www.ecofilms.com.au/tanias-compost-toilet-tour/

great vid , Romeo Romeo lol , love her 

cool stuff , it's all about your diet i guess 

to me that sounds right up the ally of bokashi use , can make yourself & add to the leaves 

or poss even make bokashi out of the leaves , will compost quicker as well 

thanks mate 

btw bokashi is made with EM-1 or a home made version of 

great vid , Romeo Romeo lol , love her 

cool stuff , it's all about your diet i guess 

to me that sounds right up the ally of bokashi use , can make yourself & add to the leaves 

or poss even make bokashi out of the leaves , will compost quicker as well 

thanks mate 

btw bokashi is made with EM-1 or a home made version of 

So we bought a big mulcher (hooks onto the pto of tractor).Prunings etc you know the deal...go in and we use that as a medium in the compost toilet...much better than sawdust etc...Future reference though don't put bamboo through it...Just turns to strips of fibre..which then clogs up the mulcher....dragonfruit...cactus etc just turn to goo...and that clogs up aswell... Money well spent...Never really put anything else down the loo...seems to work fine with just poo and mulchings...and with 4-5 people using it daily the wheely bin at the bottom fills up quite fast...

• Upvote 1