beneficial bacteria products, whats my best option?

from a soil growers POV

GWS is pretty good & you can get it here as well as Xtreme Gardening Mykos & Azos 

& MAI Mycoapply Maxx

IMHO the best microbial product that is

designed for canna is Modern Microbes 

http://www.modernmicrobes.com/NewStore/shop/

but root rot is not going to be fixed by a microbial product

you can look at anaerobes that like little to no air to live in = EM-1

root rot is a sign of too much water & not enough air imho

• Upvote 1

I assume medicalgrower has read about Heisenberg Tea which people in the US use to treat root rot and as a weekly bennie innoculation.

It sounds like a good idea, but I don't think the ingredients are available here.

iv read about some sort of tea that could fix root rot.....i couldnt find any info on how to make it etc...can anyone help me out here please?

hey everyone, after having issues with root rot iv decided to start using a beneficial bacteria product, now iv heard voodoo juice works great? also iv heard great white shark is the best beneficial bacteria product in the market is this correct?

I've been reading about Mycchorizae because the Great White version is only found on the internet or hydro shops way out in the outlying suburbs but I want some ASAP. MycoGold is supposed to be sold at gardening shops. And I've been told by experienced growers on this site that a Mycchorizae introduction to plants should ideally start at germination. And btw - my local Bunnings Warehouse doesn't sell any Mycchorizae products. Shitter.

• Upvote 1

I've been reading about Mycchorizae because the Great White version is only found on the internet or hydro shops way out in the outlying suburbs but I want some ASAP. MycoGold is supposed to be sold at gardening shops. And I've been told by experienced growers on this site that a Mycchorizae introduction to plants should ideally start at germination. And btw - my local Bunnings Warehouse doesn't sell any Mycchorizae products. Shitter.

the unconventional farmer http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/ DIY

you know you can inoculate your soils by starting seeds 

use dynamic accumulators as a cover crop / living mulch 

for instance if you'd like some nitrogen fixing bacteria in your soil

than plant some snow peas or beans , both fix N form the air & 

need N fixing bacteria to do it , let the N fixer plant attract the N fixing

bacteria for your plant , every plant has it's own set of benne's they like 

& if there all in your pot to start with , your plant gets the best of starts with no 

waiting for the benne's to show , cos they there already 

any fallen trees near you , that have been there for some time rotting ?

have a look round under the wood , your looking for a white webbing kind of thing 

it's called hyphae / mycelium , you can take a small amount & multiply it quite easy at home 

you could also put that lill amount under your mulch layer & let it effect the pot 

google search hyphae / mycelium & check out the images for what to look for 

& yes the fruiting body of mycelium is mushrooms 

• Upvote 3

Buy online with express post have it tomorrow. ;)

• Upvote 2

I got some great white but it expired 1 year and 3 months ago, are such products still all good to use? It seems to be making my roots grow like, crazy so yeah

they can be quite fragile products , testing was done in the states recently , random stores + random products , & all most all microbial products did not meet the labelled numbers

mostly due to handling , deliveries to stores left in the sun B4 moving indoor , pellets on long haul trucks , all seen to degrade the product

if it's working it's working but prob only real way to know is buy a fresh one & see if there's diff

either way store microbial products as directed  

• Upvote 1