I have some boveda but was waiting till the gear was dry before pytting them in. Is that right?

My buds arent fresh they are about 3 weeks into drying.

After my discovery last night i put affected buds in a box much of the white mildew is no longer visible. I can only assume the spores are dead but remain intact.

Can i hydro peroxide wash in a mostly dry state?

Sent from my SM-G935F using OZ Stoners mobile app

I think you want to dry it for about a week, then chuck it into jars with some boveda, that will keep the humidity in check. You still need to burp daily.

After about 1-2 months you can remove the boveda and keep curing more if you want to.

When is the correct stage of growth to spray for powdery mildew.

Washing seems like a very worthwhile procedure over tossing out your stash.  I washed pretty much as per video then quick dried over a day. It would have been better if I broke up the buds more but only ended up tossing a handful.  Is quite hydrophobic really.  Smokes a little rough but is destined to be oil most as of the trichs are intact.  Thanks for the help.

Anyone here tried a wet cure? I grew a nice Cookies Kush (GSC x OG Kush) but due to the heavy rain periods and cooler temps some of the thicker flowers were showing signs of mould. I ended up doing some googling and decided to try a wet cure. Completely submerged the dried flowers in jars of water, lid open, changing the water daily until the water ran clear. Dried and re-jarred. Looks and smells like shit, apparently smokes real smooth and the high is not affected. I'm not using at the moment so can't confirm this for myself...

Edit: forgot to mention, the wet cure supposedly kills the mould as it starves it of oxygen...

Edited by eddie420

Sorry to hear about your mould problems AutomaticSlim.

Sadly, I've had my fair share of experience with mould and rot.  What I recommend is extreme caution.. unless you know what type of mould you're dealing with you can't hope to deal with it adequately.

I've researched this til I'm blue in the face but am still not confident of definite answers when it comes to mould.  

What I have learned is that bud rot (botrytis) isn't too bad and can be dealt with by means of butane extraction.

The type of mould that comes from incorrect curing however can be far more insidious and this is when I'd be more inclined to chuck the lot.

This SkunkPharm page provides some very useful information  https://skunkpharmresearch.com/salvaging-moldy-material-2/

Also, re Cervante's H2O2 wash... I only ever established that it is useful for removing powdery mildew.  I never found any definitive confirmation that it works for other types of mould.

I would be happy to stand corrected on any of this, but my point is, proceed with caution if you value your health.  It's not just the mould and spores you need to contend with, but also the carcinogenic aflatoxins produced by the mould.

All the best with it.

I know it's heartbreaking getting mould, and hard to bring yourself to throw several months work in the bin, but I don't care what Cervante says, I'm too worried about the potential harm so I just bin it when it happens as I'd rather be safe than sorry.  I go through my buds with a magnifying glass while trimming and destemming, and if I find any it's binned.  Having said that, I've never lost an entire crop to mould, so that might be harder to do then.

Did try an experiment with bubble bag extraction with mouldy material once, theory being the mould spores fit through the final bag and get washed out.  Admittedly most of it did get washed out, but I still found a few little bits in the hash.

Yeah I agree with hashy about mould heart breaking but its best to toss it if you even suspect it's mould,I've done some bad shit to my lungs over the years and I'm pretty much paying for daily,trust me its not worth it,I've had to toss around 12onces this year all in early stages through out the flowering process but it was worth it to save the rest and have a quality smoke,quality all ways wins over quantity imo
  • Upvote 1