wanting to put a final stop to this dreadful root root

Keep control of your nutrient temp and have plenty of bubbles.

Dont let nutrients temp go over 25c and add some h202 at the required dose from start to finish.

The plants generally can be saved. I've been caught away before and had the problem. I took all 8 plants out of their 20lt buckets and cut all the exposed roots outside the mesh pot. I then tranfered them between and h202 mix and fresh water mix a few times and cleaned the whole system out. Returned the plants and ran them on a h202 mix for a couple of days. Then flush the system and continue as normal ... the roots regrew amazingly quick still got close to 3lb of nice buds

Try a beni tea. Treat your system with benificial bacteria. Clean out system clean up roots and add the tea to you system. Being that products containing trichoderma and bacillus can get expensive. Make a tea and breed them up.

The brew i use consists of a scoop of great white, couple of handfuls of ewc, spoon full of molasses and some air stones to brew it for 48 hrs.

Inoculate plant roots and treat reservoir. . Cant be used with h202 though

i had root rot from dwc once.

it was from water being too warm im sure.

roots went all brown n shit.

i took the netpots out and dunked the roots in 50% h202 @ 6% & 50% tap water.

the roots went white instantly

i had a bucket of fresh tap water to wash the h202 solution from the roots.

i think 1mL of 50% h202 per litre in reservoir is the go.

As i posted previously about using benificial bacteria i believe this will cure and also prevent your root rot.

I used h202 treatment for years and it worked well, but the slime and rot problems can be unavoidable no matter how stringent your are. Using benies can also allow you to keep your nutrient temp up there.

Since using the tea ive never had a problem.

There is info here about the process http://www.rollitup.org/t/dwc-root-slime-cure-aka-how-to-breed-beneficial-microbes.361430/

The only difference to this recipe I make is, i use great white for my source of trichoderma and bacillus. There is a product called .. i think its , apply.

I'll post its name later after i check. Its a lot cheaper.

Checked... its Mycoapply.... its way cheaper than Great White at $50-60 for about 150 grms it, from memory.

This is far better than using h202 or any other chemicals to cure your rot. You wont be disappointed.

Edited by fullnoize27

i had root rot from dwc once.

it was from water being too warm im sure.

roots went all brown n shit.

i took the netpots out and dunked the roots in 50% h202 @ 6% & 50% tap water.

the roots went white instantly

i had a bucket of fresh tap water to wash the h202 solution from the roots.

i think 1mL of 50% h202 per litre in reservoir is the go.

H202 will work but it can return at any time for no reason. And wow on the 1ml of 50% thats way to much... Shouldn't really go over 100ppm of h202 and thats treating ... on going in the resi you would be looking at more like 1ml per 10lts .

If you want to cure the slime and rot and bring back your nice white roots look into using Mycorrhizae.

You'll be adding good bacteria and fungi to your roots. . You can inoculate with it at most stages of growth.

Look into it you'll be very happy.

Edited by fullnoize27

As far as Iam aware threw my experience ,cold will not be the cause of your root rot but will slow or even stop the growth of your plants, it's essential to maintain water temp between 18-22 deg ,a fish tank heater is what I use to maintain that temperature during winter. It's also essential to air rate water, when I grew in expanded clay I also had issues a couple of times with root rot in summer , I introduced hydrogen peroxide into my nute solution, I can't remember the dose rate but it fixed all my problems by assisting in oxygenation and helping sterilise the environment

Its not the cold and heat doesn't help. But sometimes perfect temperature and h202 wont stop or prevent the slimes and rot.

I used h202 for years and had good results i could grow 3-5 crops sometimes more without an issue then all of sudden the shit starts. Treating your sick plants with h202 will work, you may burn a few roots if to strong. Shouldn't be more than 100ppm.

The system needs to be cleaned thoroughly. Then you hope it stays away. May make your roots whiter for a while, but they'll generally turn a tinge of brown from the nutrient solution.

A couple of years back i got on to using a Mycorrhizae in the system and have done away with h202, i use it for cleaning only. ive found running benificial bacteria in your system is the way to go.

It generates awesome root growth, roots will be white and healthy. It gives you more leway with nutrient temps and prevents the slime or rot, the bacteria will feed on the nasties. I make a tea, brew it up, make your product go further. You can get products like white pointer now, there are cheaper alternatives. You can inoculate, seeds, seeding and cuttings... for dwc its the way to go.