wanting to put a final stop to this dreadful root root

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
Growing Medium: clay pellets
Growing Style: hydroponics, bubble buckets.
Watering/Feeding Frequency: once a day atm.
Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): 1.1ec
PH Levels: 6.2
Temperature/Humidity Levels: temp is going from 16 to 25
Air Flow/Fans etc...im yet to add airflow as iv just changed rooms. will be using 2 x 100mm cert fans
Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): CFL 130watt
Total Wattage: 130
Growth Stage: vegging
Plants Age: 1 day to 3 months old all vegging
Cannabis Strain:  818 headband, 717 truthband, cannatonic, swazi gold, skunk kush

Hi all, I recently found out i had root rot in my flowering ladies...now its passed onto my little ones, i have a few clones and seeds only 1 -4 weeks old and some old seedlings about 3 months old.

Im wanting to get rid of this root rot for good but im having issues doing so as i cannot control my temp for them, i have a heater in the res at 21 for them but i do not have a chiller...and when it gets to cold the room gets cold also...i think this is not helping the root rot a is slowing the plants growth,

iv cut away most of the root rot affected parts and am using H2O2 daily with them from day onwards to try and defeat this problem as these girls are to be for my next grow.

what other steps can i take to stop passing root rot to my little ones and to treat them back to full health?

iv had this issue with them for months now and i need these girls better before i put them into grow out and flower......

what needs to be done to cure root rot once and for all?

im willing to take the steps u guys lead me to even if its alot of work. I NEED THESE PLANTS TO WORK OUT...or i need to buy clones again!  and iv only just got all the strains i really want atm. it would be ashame to see them all die etc.

i know for one i need to control the temp more......whats the cheapest method to control a small grow rooms temp? also looking at needing to control a 1.5x1.5x2m and a 2x2x3m tent with heats, whats my best option?

also am i seeking the correct treatment?

all the info and help i can get will be much appreciated......im feeling rather bothered that my girls are not doing so well atm....they are growing alrite but you can see the root rot starting to kick in on the roots and some leafs are starting to show signs.

not much more i can remember to tell u guys atm...hope this info can help u guys help me ;)  basically as another member said i need to find the issue thats causing it or im just chasing my tail. so im hoping we can resolve this.

my bubble buckets are not seperate i have net pots in one large container so the root rot would be affecting all plants 6 well grown plants and about 6 818 clones. they look healthy and white roots....treating them with H2O2 as a preventive.

also i dont think iv mentioned yet i know that when im testing my ph and ec in my flowering tent and then testing my small grow im affecting them aswell arnt i? whats the best way to combat this sort of situation?

1 more thing im using synthetic nutes atm...professors as H2o2 does not affect synthetic does it?

hope iv covered myself im a little stressed about this atm....

cheers,.

Edited by medicalgrower

You really should have isolated your whole system and the affected plants when it first appeared until those plants were harvested, and then either binned the whole system or thoroughly cleaned every last micro millimeter of it with bleach to ensure absolutely every trace of it was gone before starting any more plants in it.  It would appear that all you've been doing is treating it without killing it, and by introducing your next round of plants into that system you are now back at square one with it.

IMO, to be absolutely certain of starting clean you need to do one of the above, and either bin the plants or clone them in a clean environment to get plants with a clean rootzone.

H2O2 as an ongoing treatment may get them through, but I would assume they won't give the best performance due to it also killing lots of goodies?  Pythoff is an effective product, but I believe it has the same effect on the goodies as well?  The one time I had it mid grow I used Fongarid for maybe 2 weeks (was a while ago), and then added H&G Roots Excellurator to my nutes for the rest of the grow, got them through but they never got back to full health or production.  Every part of that system got binned at the end, including the pump, a lot of money down the drain but I never got it again.

So your first decision is if you want to continue or start fresh.  I'm sure others will offer some treatments if you wish to continue.

:peace:

You really should have isolated your whole system and the affected plants when it first appeared until those plants were harvested, and then either binned the whole system or thoroughly cleaned every last micro millimeter of it with bleach to ensure absolutely every trace of it was gone before starting any more plants in it.  It would appear that all you've been doing is treating it without killing it, and by introducing your next round of plants into that system you are now back at square one with it.

IMO, to be absolutely certain of starting clean you need to do one of the above, and either bin the plants or clone them in a clean environment to get plants with a clean rootzone.

H2O2 as an ongoing treatment may get them through, but I would assume they won't give the best performance due to it also killing lots of goodies?  Pythoff is an effective product, but I believe it has the same effect on the goodies as well?  The one time I had it mid grow I used Fongarid for maybe 2 weeks (was a while ago), and then added H&G Roots Excellurator to my nutes for the rest of the grow, got them through but they never got back to full health or production.  Every part of that system got binned at the end, including the pump, a lot of money down the drain but I never got it again.

So your first decision is if you want to continue or start fresh.  I'm sure others will offer some treatments if you wish to continue.

:peace:

kicking myself here very hard.

so in short words your basically saying you cannot fully cure root rot? i thought this may be the case. :(

the clones iv taking look great so far but they are basically in the same enviroment as all the affected plants and have been using the same ph pen etc so its passed on to them and not yet affected them yeah?

so as you said its start totally fresh, or take clones in a clean area. i think i might take clones in a clean area also i might buy a few clones!

im really shattered as the 818 is looking great now but its got root rot bad all roots are affected.

and all the other seedlings i had were looking good apart from root rot kicking in! :(

and its a shame iv only just taken a whole lot of clones in a dirty root rot area! shit ey!

ok time to sit down and think about how im going to tackle this out entill i finish flowering.

i basically need to bleach everything and have buckets/ ph pen etc for each grow room so im not passing anything on! correct?

little bit of a head fuck but anything for some decent smoko!

and yeah your rite h2O2 is killing all the good shit in my nutes i think isnt it? i thought h2O2 only affected organic nutes so i changed to synthetic but this may not be the case? it could affect both sorts of nutes! i havent had a confirmation about that one yet!

all up i have around 12+ seeds and clones they are and may be affected.

I have a 6 pot system, it has 6 mesh pots in a 50 litre container. like a bubblepot system.

i also have around 6 clones on a heat mat in small gordan cubes, the roots on them look fine but i dont really want to take the chance as they very well could be affected too.

so its looking like im going to toss about 12 plants. but will be cloning like a mad man. ENLESS other member can charm in and give me an alternative root to go down?

Edited by medicalgrower

I would not say you cannot fully cure root rot, it may be the case but I honestly don't know that for a fact.  In my single experience it may be that it did get cured but that the damage done was unrecoverable from, the roots were certainly in a better state at the end but I can't remember off the top of my head if there were still signs of pythium or not.

I just took the ultra safe root of getting rid of everything, it may not be absolutely necessary.

Cloning a plant with pythium should get you a clean plant so long as you strike them in a clean system, so if you go down the path of abandoning everything you can still keep all the good genetics you are happy with, just means a bit more time and work.

Suppose the way I'd look at it is that any established and flowering plants are worth nursing through, but anything fresh should be started and kept in a clean system, along with very close attention to avoiding cross contamination.

I would not say you cannot fully cure root rot, it may be the case but I honestly don't know that for a fact.  In my single experience it may be that it did get cured but that the damage done was unrecoverable from, the roots were certainly in a better state at the end but I can't remember off the top of my head if there were still signs of pythium or not.

I just took the ultra safe root of getting rid of everything, it may not be absolutely necessary.

Cloning a plant with pythium should get you a clean plant so long as you strike them in a clean system, so if you go down the path of abandoning everything you can still keep all the good genetics you are happy with, just means a bit more time and work.

Suppose the way I'd look at it is that any established and flowering plants are worth nursing through, but anything fresh should be started and kept in a clean system, along with very close attention to avoiding cross contamination.

okay thanks mate your advise has been pretty solid here so yeah thanks again!

im after a 2nd opinion or more on this matter, what do other`s think? are there any other options? to totally resolve/cure this root rot? im truley thinking about tossing all vegging plants. after cloning them again!  not being rude mate just after another possilbe solution without binning all 12+ plants...

edit: my mate wants to keep the clones as there doing so well and not showing no sign of root rot, i disagree so iv came here to ask is there a chance the clones and possibly some seeds do not have the root rot yet?

whats the best way to determine if your young ones have root root? apart from brown roots! ?

looks like we are binning the bigger girls as the root rot has totally affected there roots but the younger ones have nice clean white healthy fat roots.....whats everyone think?

Edited by medicalgrower

okay just a update here.

tonight i took out the 2 larger plants that u can clearly see have root rot, all the clones and seeds roots look fine so i am keeping them for now and trying to play it as safe as possible.

the 2 larger ones, will have more clones taken from them then binned.....hoping for the best. if the clones/seeds do u root rot at all how can i determine wether they do or not? as they look healthy as can be.

okay just a update here.

tonight i took out the 2 larger plants that u can clearly see have root rot, all the clones and seeds roots look fine so i am keeping them for now and trying to play it as safe as possible.

the 2 larger ones, will have more clones taken from them then binned.....hoping for the best. if the clones/seeds do u root rot at all how can i determine wether they do or not? as they look healthy as can be.

Just maintain a healthy res. If you notice any slipperiness or slime buildup do a res change and clean everything. Do a clean in bleach or h2o2 to fuck everything off. Add more h2o2 or any other product recommended to you so far to avoid it. Keep that res cool and free of light and do regular changes and clean your shit and you won't have to worry.

Just maintain a healthy res. If you notice any slipperiness or slime buildup do a res change and clean everything. Do a clean in bleach or h2o2 to fuck everything off. Add more h2o2 or any other product recommended to you so far to avoid it. Keep that res cool and free of light and do regular changes and clean your shit and you won't have to worry.

okay will do.

iv done some watching on youtube and reading and it sounds like Voodoo Juice might help me through this battle...has anyone used voodoo juice here for root rot? on youtube there showing that it really does work a treat! im thinking this might be all i need now besides cleaning my rez out etc etc and not cross contaminating!

im thinking about the voodoo juice basically as a preventive for the clones and seedlings i have left... the great white shark product seems like it might also work for me? basically im loking for a product with benificial bacteria is this correct? i thinking on the correct path i hope so...

Edited by medicalgrower