Fan and filter advice

Hi stoners just a quick question. I have a 1.2x1.2x 2m tent 600w cooltube and a 6inch inline fan. I've never had to filter smell but now I'm living in town its kinda a concern as is noise. I'm thinking to get acoustic ducting to run the fan a bit quieter. So I was wondering what's a good carbon filter to buy online? Is the fan big enough in your opinion to do the job? And should I set up as follows starting with filter than acoustic ducting, than cooltube than fan to acoustic ducting out of tent? Thanks

There are some really nice fans out there on the market now i run a 6" whisper silencer fan with a outer length of insulated ducting covering the fan and to be honest i can hear just slightly my LED fan on my light over the whisper fan but i run from the tent ducting down to fan than filter i can hear whoshing noise from the suction end of the ducting inside of the tent, the other end is silenced by the filter

If the filter is branded "Growlush", or no stated brand name, avoid it like the plague.  Drop the little extra coin to get a Phresh, or some other well respected brand, they last at least twice as long as the cheaper ones, and work properly the whole time.  Even near new the cheap ones can let a little bit of whiff through, and IMO that just completely defeats the purpose.

OK well I got the phresh carbon filter coming 150mmx 500mm. I have two 6 inch inline fans handy so will try rig that up with one see how it goes than maybe hook up the second too it if it needs be. I will get a 8inch silenced hyperfan when I'm bit richer. Happy easter everyone, hope your all busy trimming easter eggs

Can't really say, depends on the strength and airflow of the fan.  I have done a 1.3x2.6m tent with 2x600w using an inline through a CF no problems, that was a 150mm Hyperfan, but I also tried an inline from Bummings for a veg cab setup and it just didn't have the balls to move air under load.  So it sorta depends on what fan you have, if it's one of those cheap Ebay inline's you'll just have to play suck it and see.  Without getting technical, a basic guide will be how long it takes it to suck the sides of the tent in once closed, you want to see it start pretty much straight away and get tension within say 15 seconds, but that's just a very basic guide.