Starting seedling with best results: HOWTO

Growing cannabis is like fishing ......

Hopeful 

Impatience/patience

What your mate told you was a lie or exaggerated in size...and only through practise and your own experience..using the right bait and location...you will take note of what works where and what doesn't

the one that got away?we have all had that

Plants dont start growing till they have true leaves ........it cannot collect energy from the sun/light

It's first mission is to get a tap root to stabilize itself....

Shitty bark or composted sawdust potting mixes affect growth at that stage alot.

Timing in the season can be important both indoor and outdoor.

I have planted plants in 15th Aug that grew big and were harvested in April...that didn't get a whole lot more than ones planted on 15th December and harvested in April

Genetics and freshness have changed the rate seedlings grow now with shorter internodes and the introduction of ruderalis and afghanica.

Old variety sativa's could get a foot high in 3 weeks...

alot of that vigour has been reduced because of less open pollination.

Lack of seed overall in the last 20 years has lost some of those traits because of the laws and hydro/cuttings

when was the last time you got a deal with a seed?

You want quicker growers? Breed

And better drainage add pebbles or perlite

Thats why nature has rocks

As water drains it sucks in air ....no drainage / no air.

Its highly likely its not the seed at all .

Nice post mate thanks.

I think now a lot of it had todo with patience! Haha

I use clay balls as my medium. But after my seeds pop I first put them in the smallest Gordon grow blocks possible then into coat balls once I see roots.

What certain sativa strains of sati a could get to a foot in 3 weeks, what sativa strains are these?

I'm starting a new batch of seeds tomorrow, do you have any info that could help me start my seeds of mate?

I'm not sure who's advice to take on sprouting seeds etc, I have a few posts here telling me good ways todo so but I'm unsure on what ,ethos I should use? Iv liked your advice it's solid....so I'm hoping u can tell ,e what way I should go in sprouting my seeds? What should I use? I have great white here, thinking about using that? I also have go roots by the professors...also rapid start....got a few just don't won't open spend anymore cash when I don't have to.

Also should I start my seed in a dome like structure? I'll be using a heat mat.

What temp should I run them at etc?

Cheers

• Upvote 1

As with many things there's lots of ways to germinate seeds, and for the most part a lot of them are not wrong as such, so go with whatever works for you and tweak it over time to what you're happy with.  Should only need a heat mat if it's cold, I prefer to just do it in a spot with reasonably consistent temps instead of with a heat source, but do use one in cold weather with a bit of a buffer between pads and seeds.

• Upvote 2

KISS.... paper towel method with plain water has never done me wrong. Once they pop, plant them and then water with gw or bio bugs. Using gw on seeds isnt going to make them grow any faster, its only there to help with medium conditioning and aid in root health once they start growing.
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone use peat pellets ? Or they not a good idea ?

I use them, some peeps here don't like them.

I drop my seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours and the one's that have sunk to the bottom I put them into the already prepared jiffy pods, the floating seeds stay in the water until they drop to the bottom.

I do use my wife's tweezers to place the seeds in tap root facing down to help them grow up, if thrown in tap root facing up, the small Jiffy's don't have enough room for them to turn around and grow up!post-59620-14930375352_thumb.jpeg

Well that's my take on peat pallets.

I'm using Rapid Rooters at the moment. However, after 24 hours in a glass of water and 48 in the Rooters, nothing happening so far.

I think I ordered the bag of R.Rooters online by accident. They seemed to just arrive and I had no idea what they were - until a coupla weeks later when I stumbled onto a grow guide that raved about 'em.

Will report my results at a later date.

I use them, some peeps here don't like them.

I drop my seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours and the one's that have sunk to the bottom I put them into the already prepared jiffy pods, the floating seeds stay in the water until they drop to the bottom.

I do use my wife's tweezers to place the seeds in tap root facing down to help them grow up, if thrown in tap root facing up, the small Jiffy's don't have enough room for them to turn around and grow up!attachicon.gifIMAG1113

Well that's my take on peat pallets.

Yeah we did the same thing . Sunken seeds in the peat pellet . All 4 germinated .. 1 chocolope and 3 big bud .. Why don't people like em ? Edited by drizlax420