7 week of flowering GSC

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor
Growing Medium: clay pebbles
Growing Style: semi dwc system/ebb and flow.
Watering/Feeding Frequency: 3 times in 24 hours for 15 minutes each feed.
Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC):  1.8 ec
PH Levels: 5.5 to 6.0
Temperature/Humidity Levels: 14 to 28 Degrees, Humidity i do not currently have a meter for that!

Air Flow/Fans etc.: exhaust fan is a Centrifugal Fan/470m3/hr, 130 Ltrs/Sec | hooked up to a carbon filter, inline air fan is a Blauberg Centrifugal Fan 460m3/hr 2725 RPM
Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): 600W HPS and 2 x 315W LEC`s.
Total Wattage: 1230  
Growth Stage: 5th week of flowering
Plants Age: approx 2 months to 3 months old.
Cannabis Strain:  Girl Scout Cookies & Tutankhamon

Nutrients: Ozi Magic Monsta Bud for flowering also added professors PK.

im into my 7th week of flowering and the buds are starting to get very very fat, im a little concerned now the weather has cooled down i might come across mold issues?

iv heard in the last few weeks u can get mold easy?

whats the best way to combat this to prevent it from destroying or starting on my plants?

Edited by medicalgrower

a humidity meter will help to monitor things but importantly you need a fan to blow all the air around .the extraction fans aren't enough as there can be pockets of stale air in in the room .

cheers mate, ill get a humidity meter, also i forgot to mention i do have a large fan in there also. temp is getting down do 16 rite now, should i be concerned at all? its not entill the lights come on ill get the 20+ going on :( think i need to invest in some sort of heater....

I use an upright oil heater for winter ,I run it at a low setting but it takes some adjusting to get the humidity and warmth right .

yeah im looking at the Grow candy Heat Bars. there are 2, one is 80watt and the other is 240watt, for the 240watt specs are Heating Area (+5-10ºC) 140cm2, what does +5-10ºC actually mean? also does anyone know if 1 of these would be suitable for a 2x2x2 tent? or would i need more then one? i dont know what the 140cm2 =`s too in metres?

also how many watt is your oil heater? it might be cheaper to just get a cheap oil heater second hand?  i dont know how efficient these grow candy bars are compared to say your oil heater? im trying to run as less power as possible also.

I need to go and buy heaps of stuff by the looks of it, been growing for a while, and I don't have any heating, cooling, cool tubes, no light meter, humidity meter, temperature gauge, no carbon filter, no ppm/ec meter(that works)

no ph meter just the bottle, fuck I don't even have any inlet/outlet fans only a circulating one, and I have know fucking idea what I'm doing

used to get 3 lb a crop 4 times a year of two 600s though, it cant be to hard, no internet needed

kickarse is a tightarse 

• Upvote 1

yeah im looking at the Grow candy Heat Bars. there are 2, one is 80watt and the other is 240watt, for the 240watt specs are Heating Area (+5-10ºC) 140cm2, what does +5-10ºC actually mean? also does anyone know if 1 of these would be suitable for a 2x2x2 tent? or would i need more then one? i dont know what the 140cm2 =`s too in metres?

also how many watt is your oil heater? it might be cheaper to just get a cheap oil heater second hand? i dont know how efficient these grow candy bars are compared to say your oil heater? im trying to run as less power as possible also.

I have two Five fin heaters one for a 1.2 tent one for my 1.5 box both different brands ,Arlec and Mistrel.

Both go to a max of 1000 w but I only have them set at low .

Oil heaters have a thermostat. ,and because oil holds heat they switch off when hot enough and back on when cooler .

So hard to say how much power they are using but its nowhere near full power .

For about a month in middle winter it might be running closer to but under half power .

Always takes a few days or even a week to get it right ,I think last year the tent had exhaust fan on slow but running all the time.

In the bigger box I I had the exhaust on timer.

Then it's just a matter of monitoring the environment .as it gets colder I turn the heat up or visa versa.

Or play around with exhaust speed.

I would doubt those heaters you mentioned would be sufficient in my grow spaces as it unfortunately takes watts to make heat.

And oil heaters are cheap .i got one at bunnings and the other I think was from a supermarket

It's a shit having to use more power but the comparison to yield from not using a heater makes it

Worthwhile .

I'm in Vic and though it's damn cold in the winter it's the best time of year to get it all dialled in to what the plants like.

I think I've rambled on enough .

Photo of heater in box last winter .not meant to be upside down

post-57984-0-06739300-1492393137_thumb.jpg

Edited by Serrated edge

I have two Five fin heaters one for a 1.2 tent one for my 1.5 box both different brands ,Arlec and Mistrel.

Both go to a max of 1000 w but I only have them set at low .

Oil heaters have a thermostat. ,and because oil holds heat they switch off when hot enough and back on when cooler .

So hard to say how much power they are using but its nowhere near full power .

For about a month in middle winter it might be running closer to but under half power .

Always takes a few days or even a week to get it right ,I think last year the tent had exhaust fan on slow but running all the time.

In the bigger box I I had the exhaust on timer.

Then it's just a matter of monitoring the environment .as it gets colder I turn the heat up or visa versa.

Or play around with exhaust speed.

I would doubt those heaters you mentioned would be sufficient in my grow spaces as it unfortunately takes watts to make heat.

And oil heaters are cheap .i got one at bunnings and the other I think was from a supermarket

It's a shit having to use more power but the comparison to yield from not using a heater makes it

Worthwhile .

I'm in Vic and though it's damn cold in the winter it's the best time of year to get it all dialled in to what the plants like.

I think I've rambled on enough .

Photo of heater in box last winter .not meant to be upside down

good stuff thanks for the info mate. looks like a few oil heaters is the GO! ;)

my exhaust fan does not have a speed controller, do u reccomend i get one so i have more play in the temp? or my exhaust fan will be sucking out to much of the heat the heater is putting out!

Yep I'd get one .

It a game of getting the exhaust right so the humidity stays low without losing too much warmth.

But once you get it right it's only little adjustments as winter gets colder or when spring comes on.

Also I think this is important ..the room my tent is in is fucking cold in winter . That can cause condensation

to build up on the inside of the cold tent wall . Don't let that happen .

Make sure your fan blows across the whole area to prevent this , and possibly turn up the exhaust fan

Yep I'd get one .

It a game of getting the exhaust right so the humidity stays low without losing too much warmth.

But once you get it right it's only little adjustments as winter gets colder or when spring comes on.

Also I think this is important ..the room my tent is in is fucking cold in winter . That can cause condensation

to build up on the inside of the cold tent wall . Don't let that happen .

Make sure your fan blows across the whole area to prevent this , and possibly turn up the exhaust fan

cheers thanks. what temp do u run your tent at?