Autos- do they have photoperiod tendencies

As newbie I rely on lots of info from the forums and know that photo period will be triggered to flower by the shorting of amount of light they get (indoors or out) but Autos just grow for a while and flower even when days are getting longer but what about when days are getting shorter?.

I have a friend that grew a plant in their glassed verandah they recently harvested,  its still 26c or so in there when the outside temp is probably only 15c so they wanted to put another plant in but I suspect it wont come to anything as the days here are now shortening as we go into autumn and eventually winter.  I was wondering if an Auto would grow and flower normally or are they a bit photoperiod sensitive and would also come to nothing due to shortening days.

Any advice would be  appreciated