what size fans for sucking air in and exhaust system with carbon filte

hey guys iv just setup my small cloning/veg room and im yet to setup the fans and im wondering what size i should go for? in my 3x3m tent i have 2 Blauberg Centrifugal Fans 150mm with speed control etc.

what size fans for air in and out for my 2x2m veg room do i require? im thinking around 100mm not even? and also im thinking about going with the Centrifugal Fans as they are nice! dont make a noise etc.

also on the exhaust fan i plan to hookup a carbon filter.

Edited by medicalgrower

Medi usually a 150mm centrifugal fan will move around 4 times the air of a 100mm fan, the 100mm centrifugal fans are more suited to 1x1m tents with a 400w HPS at max but being almost winter u can probably get away with a slightly bigger setup although a 100mm fan is pretty small and u should always set up a grow tent ventilation for summer temperatures and throttle it back for winter

i would use a single 150mm fan for your 2x2m veg tent just so u exchange enough air frequently and replenish Co2

Medi usually a 150mm centrifugal fan will move around 4 times the air of a 100mm fan, the 100mm centrifugal fans are more suited to 1x1m tents with a 400w HPS at max but being almost winter u can probably get away with a slightly bigger setup although a 100mm fan is pretty small and u should always set up a grow tent ventilation for summer temperatures and throttle it back for winter

i would use a single 150mm fan for your 2x2m veg tent just so u exchange enough air frequently and replenish Co2

okay thanks i didnt know that! in my veg room that is 2x2m im only running 1x 130watt CFL atm. for vegging plants. the 1 large CFL 130watt seems to be covering the area fine, im thinking i have enough light there for vegging? but then again going of the calc they say i shoud have atleast 1000w but i`m only vegging so whats everyone recommend?

when you say single 150mm fan to u mean to use only just 1 fan for the complete setup? eg using a 150mm as a exhaust fan and that would be sucking in fresh air if i had a vent of some sort? is that what you mean? or 2 x 150mm fans, 1 for air in and 1 for air out?

im thinking if im only running 1 x 130w CFL and might goto 2 later down the track would i get away with 2 100mm fans? 1 for air in and 1 for air out? or should i still go with the 150mm?

ill see what the 100mm fans CFM is!

Hey Medi,

Here's a link to a calculator that may help. Although it says its a lighting calculator, it also gives you ventilation and power requirements.

http://www.cannaversity.com/calculators/lighting.php

Hope it helps

Merl1n

cheers mate ill have a look at it..

also by that calc i need fans rated at atleast 259 CFM for optimal results.... my 150mm fans are 455CFM

Edited by medicalgrower