Looking for a simple way to dry and cure my weed

i just trim all my buds, hang the branches for 4-5 days.

when the stem snaps like a twig its dry enough to snip the buds from stem and place into airtight jars.

then its as simple as adding a 62% boveda humidipak to the jar, keeps all your ganja at the correct humidity for years of storage.

I had a jar of pineapple chunk for 4-5 yrs i had sitting here at home.

just took out a bud once in a while.

boveda 62% humidipaks, 8gram = 1-1.5oz. 60g pack good enough for up to a lb in a tub.

worthwhile googling boveda 62% humidipaks

edit***

best to leave the buds to cure in jars for 5-6 weeks before smoking for ultimate smoking experience

ages like a nice wine does. 

Edited by Carnage
  • Upvote 1

have listen to this guy might help with some insight 

https://youtu.be/1vSfPl-3Q5M

watched the full clip great info there thanks heaps

i just trim all my buds, hang the branches for 4-5 days.

when the stem snaps like a twig its dry enough to snip the buds from stem and place into airtight jars.

then its as simple as adding a 62% boveda humidipak to the jar, keeps all your ganja at the correct humidity for years of storage.

I had a jar of pineapple chunk for 4-5 yrs i had sitting here at home.

just took out a bud once in a while.

boveda 62% humidipaks, 8gram = 1-1.5oz. 60g pack good enough for up to a lb in a tub.

worthwhile googling boveda 62% humidipaks

edit***

best to leave the buds to cure in jars for 5-6 weeks before smoking for ultimate smoking experience

ages like a nice wine does. 

yeah cool iv heard about them bovenda humidpaks...cheers

yeah its hard to leave buds that long without smoking enless u got a big stash!

Have a look at our cannaversity site http://cannaversity.com/cannaversity/category.php?id=20

cool cool thanks heaps, handy stuff there also....thanks

from all this info i only have 1 simple question left!

when drying is it best to dry in a dark space? iv heard light plus added heat can destroy parts of the good stuff on the buds?

cheers

Edited by medicalgrower
  • Upvote 1

...when drying is it best to dry in a dark space? iv heard light plus added heat can destroy parts of the good stuff on the buds?

cheers

Yes, in the dark

yes, UV light AND HEAT will breakdown active ingredients.

So even once sealed in your glass jars, keep it in the dark.

• Upvote 1

Yes, in the dark

yes, UV light AND HEAT will breakdown active ingredients.

So even once sealed in your glass jars, keep it in the dark.

sweet as thanks for clearing that up, just as i thought! needed to be %100 sure as my mate wanted to dry with a light on and i thought nah mate thats a bad idea if we want good smoko! so thanks again for confirming this.

I chop and hang via the stem, like this https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/12055-all-join-in-just-a-pic-dump/?view=findpost&p=406564

I find that during the warmth of the day the buds dry out, but at night the moisture is drawn up from the stems and the bud rehydrates.

When the stems snap cleanly I remove all the timber/stems then place them in corrugated cardboard boxes. The cardboard draws the moisture in helping the bud to dry.

From here I manicure and place them up in glass, burping them daily.

Once fully dry I seal the buds up in coffee tins.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/12055-all-join-in-just-a-pic-dump/page-274?do=findComment&comment=379092

So that's what I do

Merl1n