Best way to make oil for beginner

For a newbie isopropyl alcohol quick wash would be most easy and strait forward to do.

Place weed to b use in a jar cover with isopropyl alcohol shake for 30 seconds and drain, the longer you let it soak the more oil u will get but at the same time u will leach out the green color, for some people the green color isent an issue for others it dose.

The ISO i have was 50 for 5lts on ebay, you can get small bottles at bunnings but but it not cheap, look around there may b some where in your area where u can go and buy in larger lots.

Then evaporate on a low heat in a well ventilated area, there are a few way to evap off the ISO but dont go to hot because anything over 140c will start to kill the the oil.

My self when evapin ISO i use a reptile heat mat that gets to between 35-40c it takes a wile at that low temp but that how i like to do it.

One of the most easy ways to do is the double boiler on the stove top on low heat.

It can be as easy as that...

• Upvote 1

For a newbie isopropyl alcohol quick wash would be most easy and strait forward to do.

Place weed to b use in a jar cover with isopropyl alcohol shake for 30 seconds and drain, the longer you let it soak the more oil u will get but at the same time u will leach out the green color, for some people the green color isent an issue for others it dose.

The ISO i have was 50 for 5lts on ebay, you can get small bottles at bunnings but but it not cheap, look around there may b some where in your area where u can go and buy in larger lots.

Then evaporate on a low heat in a well ventilated area, there are a few way to evap off the ISO but dont go to hot because anything over 140c will start to kill the the oil.

My self when evapin ISO i use a reptile heat mat that gets to between 35-40c it takes a wile at that low temp but that how i like to do it.

One of the most easy ways to do is the double boiler on the stove top on low heat.

It can be as easy as that...

Yea great. So the iso from bunnings will b safe to use in human consuption. Is this an issue?

Secondly the double boiler method is that just in saucepan ontop of saucepan with boiling water inside

I agree with Ozzy, an iso quick wash is easiest.

You can buy iso from Bunnings, but it's a bloody expensive way to buy it. I get mine from an electronics wholesaler. In the electronics industry it's used to clean circuit boards prior to soldering. Now I say 'electronics wholesaler', that is not a Tandy's, but a genuine wholesaler. Cleaning chemical wholesalers sell it too. I buy it in a 5ltr container.

As for the evaporating, I use a electric rice cooker. DO NOT BE USING A GAS BURNER TO EVAPORATE. The iso fumes are HIGHLY volatile, they will explode. On a nice breezy day I take the wife's rice cooker out into the backyard and evaporate it outside, this way there is no build up of fumes within an enclosed space.

Here's a couple of links that may help too

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/56673-introducing-aho-aussie-hash-oil-the-sunny-method/

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/7166-iso-oil/?do=findComment&comment=397571

Do everything in your power to find 99% Iso Alcohol 

the difference between the lower % alcohol and the 99% is farken tremendous 

-less green taste with the 99% 

-lighter colour

-better removal of the trichomes off the plant material

seems to be a better flavor too but I have never done a side by side

I've been doing many ISO runs lately I've gotten to the point of getting 'flaky' bho vs viscous 

this is the BHO pyrex dish

post-4942-0-66638800-1491701502_thumb.jpg

-I sit mine in the sun (on a dark object) and let the iso evaporate 

it can take a few days (in the suto get to the point of being flakey 

post-4942-0-78707500-1491701481_thumb.jpg