Boveda questions

So. .....

950ml Jar

+ 1oz dry

+ 1 x 8gm 62% Boveda

= a nice jar of delight?

quite personal harry 

you might find 62% a little high once you sample , at 62 some will say bud has a feel of very slight dampness  , i'd call it freshness

i don't think 62% is perfect for smoking straight out of the jar , but by the time you roll a joint or make a mull it's pretty close 

i think 62 is perfect for storage though but i'm comparing 62 to nothing until i get me some 55% , you could buy a lill digi humidity gauge to go in the jar i guess  

i've been waiting to try the integra Boost 55% which are a lill diff to boveda & you can get the smaller size now & in about 3 weeks for the large 67g 55%

imho def worth using either way if for nothing else than just trying it & make your own opinion   

quite personal harry 

you might find 62% a little high once you sample , at 62 some will say bud has a feel of very slight dampness  , i'd call it freshness

i don't think 62% is perfect for smoking straight out of the jar , but by the time you roll a joint or make a mull it's pretty close 

i think 62 is perfect for storage though but i'm comparing 62 to nothing until i get me some 55% , you could buy a lill digi humidity gauge to go in the jar i guess  

i've been waiting to try the integra Boost 55% which are a lill diff to boveda & you can get the smaller size now & in about 3 weeks for the large 67g 55%

I picked up some of the integra 55% - they have a little card with them that lets you know when they've quit - clever.

Do you think the bud will still cure OK at 55%? Or are they aimed at long term storage?

I picked up some of the integra 55% - they have a little card with them that lets you know when they've quit - clever.

Do you think the bud will still cure OK at 55%? Or are they aimed at long term storage?

the cards a good idea & i think it'll cure fine at either 

i haven't tried the 55% myself , be nice to do an AB test though

i would have done a test but someone had brought up all the 55's , 

not mentioning any names there , Zephyrs lol

just a opinion , i do think boveda alter smell if reused with multiple strains 

• Upvote 1

so just to be clear, boveda in jar during burping stage?

seems to me it will use up whatever magic it has if opened daily. But perhaps that doesnt matter.

yeah your right but in a sealed jar they can sit doing there thing for some time i would think

once the humidity is reached it stops working within the jar until opened & humidity changes 

when you think air tight storage what you would loose in life span to burping would be very small over

the cause of the packs life 

you would only need to burp a jar w/ boveda packs if the buds were still wet when you put them in there

if you dried the buds for 3-5 days till teh stems snapped like a 'snap' you could jsut happily throw boveda 62% packs into the jars and come back a year later.

i know a guy threw a lb in still a bit wet once, maybe 2 days drying, threw a heap of 60gram 62% packs in and opened it up a yr later all cured

only problem was as it was damp weed it all went flat in the airtight container

boveda been around a long time.

not a new product, thats for sure

just boveda is relatively new to australia is all