LEC/CMH 315 Watt vs 1000 Watt HPS

hi everyone, im currently growing 4 plants, 2 have there own LEC 315W each and the other 2 share a single 600 watt hps in the same room, im trying to compare what light produces the biggest buds etc.

its a little hard for me as iv had a root rot issue that slowed growth down on the 2 with a LEC under each of them, comparing all 4 it seems the 2 that are closest to the HPS do have slightly bigger buds, now im not sure if the root rot played a role in this or if the actually HPS 600 watt is doing a better job then the 315w LEC`s?

tbh my opinion is if all 4 had no issues i think the buds all round would be of similar size, whats everyones opinion and experience with LEC`s 315watt lights compared to HPS`s?

im debating if i should go with a single 1000 watt HPS on my next grow or get another 2 315w LEC`s to have 1 under each plant instead of using a hps for 2 of them. opinions please?

thank you.

Edited by medicalgrower
  • Upvote 1

Rather than who has the biggest buds i would more focus on real estate haha the bigger the property the bigger the harvest, a 1000w HID covers 25 square feet, 2x 315w cover 32 square feet

haha!

iv read and heard by many arent 315wat LEC`s supposed to be used as 1 light per plant? for max results.

also my main question is do 315watt LEC`s produce just as good results as a HPS?

Edited by medicalgrower

haha!

iv read and heard by many arent 315wat LEC`s supposed to be used as 1 light per plant? for max results.

also my main question is do 315watt LEC`s produce just as good results as a HPS?

Plant per light is personal choice some go 1 some go 20, i donno i have never used a 315w but I'm keen to try one one day

Plant per light is personal choice some go 1 some go 20, i donno i have never used a 315w but I'm keen to try one one day

yah you got a point there!

i am 3/4ths the way through my grow and entill the root rot set in i was totally very impressed with the job the LEC`s have done.....i cant wait entill this grow is finished to see the final results. also im pretty keen on the LEC`s i think i might get another 2.

btw im running a Hi par lec 315 horizontal as they put out more light in a larger space compared to the vertical version as they penertrate downwards a little more and do not cover as much area.....i also have a nanolux 315 vertical.....and tbh they are both doing a great job and are hard to compare even with one running a 3k bulb and one running a 4k bulk theres not a great difference iv noticed. any other opinions? also there is a 10k lamp avalible they say its for the last 2 weeks of flowering to increase resin production etc, does anyone know anymore info about the 10k 315w lec lamps? wondering if they could be of any use any other time during growing? i`m sure you can only get 3k, 4k and 10k lamps for the 315w lec`s yeah?

Edited by medicalgrower