818 headband 1 foot tall and very skinny stems

hi all, i have a 818 headband seedling and its about 1 foot tall or a little bigger and out of all my healthy seedlings i noticed this one has a very skinny stem on it, is it normal for 818 headband to have skinny stems compared to other plants?

or have i got a dudd? is there anything i can do to save this seedling? take clones from it? or how about using a nutrient to thicken the stems up? would this result in a nice big healthy plant with good sized buds or not?

I've grown a headband from seed previously but it was a cross.

Now whether the X genes strengthened the stem I'm not sure.

Also because I SCROG, my netting gives maximum support. So once its something like 8inches or so high the stem strength needed, for me, is minimal.

(EDIT: I've just gone looking at Leafly strains and noticed that 818 is it's own strain along with Headband. So your 818 Headband is a crossed strain anyways.)

But, whilst my SCROGged plant is growing I need to strengthen the budding stems to hold the weight of the HEAVY lol buds, to do this I have a oscillating circulation fan blowing thru the canopy, flexing those stems. Stems are a bit like muscles, the more they flex the stronger they become. So maybe a gentle fan blowing those plants, flexing them may have a similar effect.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

hi all, i have a 818 headband seedling and its about 1 foot tall or a little bigger and out of all my healthy seedlings i noticed this one has a very skinny stem on it, is it normal for 818 headband to have skinny stems compared to other plants?

or have i got a dudd? is there anything i can do to save this seedling? take clones from it? or how about using a nutrient to thicken the stems up? would this result in a nice big healthy plant with good sized buds or not?

do you have a fan blowing on the plant? 

airflow will strengthen up any stem, no matter the strain

add some silica to your water before you add nutrients.

shit makes stems fat quick

i even put 1mL in a spray bottle of water and spray the skinny parts of the stems in early veg growth if I ever have a problem

takes about a week of spraying the stem/branch itself 3 times a day to see a difference

try n make it an even coat coz if you spray just one spot it gets thicker there alone

add some silica to your water before you add nutrients.

shit makes stems fat quick

i even put 1mL in a spray bottle of water and spray the skinny parts of the stems in early veg growth if I ever have a problem

takes about a week of spraying the stem/branch itself 3 times a day to see a difference

try n make it an even coat coz if you spray just one spot it gets thicker there alone

cheers will do.