Medical cannabis question

GREENQUEEN

Question

I've been wanting to ask this question for a few days so here goes,medical cannabis is very new to me I must have been living under a rock for past twenty years or so because I was unaware that medical cannabis could be of use for so many conditions despite being a long time smoker,over the last few weeks I've been doing so much research in a quest to help my young daughter who suffers from severe epilepsy but a couple of days ago I came across a few articles about treating prostate cancer with rso,we have been living with prostate cancer for five years but sadly last year we were told after having an MRI that we could go no longer go without treatment as there was a tumour starting to bulge out of the prostate and as it was still contained we had a few treatment option's, we decided go with a radical prostatectomy and were told that there would no longer be a psa reading as there will no longer be a prostate, how ever we opted for nerve sparing surgery which may have left some small amounts of affected tissue's as we are still getting a very minute psa reading when we had been told prior there should zero reading,this really concerns me as I don't trust anybody let alone these money hungry doctors that change there minds like the weather,my husband wishes he never had this surgery but it is to late now,he suffers severe ED and incontinence and bad depression plus anger,nerve sparing surgery seems to of been a waste of time at the present time after almost 12 months recovery and none of the ED medicines except injection therapy work which he hates as it causes him a great deal of pain,we feel that we have exhausted all options available so my question is has anybody heard of using rso for rehabilitation after such a surgery with any successes at all?or could it be useful to prevent any further spread of this terrible disease which is my biggest concern?or maybe at least treat his depression?I feel like I've hit a wall as far as my research goes and would greatly appreciate any useful information or to hear from anybody that has dealt with any of these problems,i know this is not one of the usual topic's and it can be a hard thing to talk about but I'm at my wits end and feel so helpless my husband is only54 and his quality of life has been reduced significantly and he can't imagine living the rest of his life like this,is there any hope or am I just grappling at straw's, thanks everybody oh and by the way now is probably a great time to mention if your male and over 50 you should be aware of prostate cancer and get tested if your have any problems at all with your male organs get tested asap even if your under 50 IMO as was the case with my husband, it may save your life,thanks for reading people's and please feel free to private msg if you are more comfortable with that as I realise its a very personal topic,thank you
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Nici I have been doing a lot of research over the last month or so and I've gotta say it can be a little overwhelming with the huge amount of info that I've been trying to take in in a short amount of time and I'm a little nervous about taking the plug and having a go at making some medicine but I'll get there thanks for your info it all helps to know I'm on the fight path

Hi GREENQUEEN,

Sure, I'd be more than happy to correspond with you about cannabis efficacy as a healing agent - for instance, my wife has multiple sclerosis (MS) where cannabis has proved, in collaboration with her drug regime, to be helpful in keeping relapses in check.

Hey GQ .

Very sorry to hear of the issues your family is suffering from. I have been lucky not to be struck with the dreaded C. But I have resarched how to use cannabis oil as a cure. Thus if it were me, I would clear my calender for three months. make a high thc oil from a wide variety of strains and ingest 1gm per day for 90 days.

I know of a queenaland lad who, when in the states getting mco with a ratio thc:cbd 4:1 was able to significantly reduce the size of the suspected brain tumor. Unfortunately things have not be so hot for him since he had to return to Australia.

Good luck, I wish i could give some more solid advice.

F

Morning Eldred,I'll send you a message at some point today as soon as I have few spare minutes as I'm a mum of five very active kids and it is school holidays at the moment so I'm back an forth from the computer constantly trying to reply to messages,research and parent all at the same time so please don't think I'm being rude if I haven't replied within a few minutes, I will reply as soon as I possibly can,thank you

I've been wanting to ask this question for a few days so here goes,medical cannabis is very new to me I must have been living under a rock for past twenty years or so because I was unaware that medical cannabis could be of use for so many conditions despite being a long time smoker,over the last few weeks I've been doing so much research in a quest to help my young daughter who suffers from severe epilepsy but a couple of days ago I came across a few articles about treating prostate cancer with rso,we have been living with prostate cancer for five years but sadly last year we were told after having an MRI that we could go no longer go without treatment as there was a tumour starting to bulge out of the prostate and as it was still contained we had a few treatment option's, we decided go with a radical prostatectomy and were told that there would no longer be a psa reading as there will no longer be a prostate, how ever we opted for nerve sparing surgery which may have left some small amounts of affected tissue's as we are still getting a very minute psa reading when we had been told prior there should zero reading,this really concerns me as I don't trust anybody let alone these money hungry doctors that change there minds like the weather,my husband wishes he never had this surgery but it is to late now,he suffers severe ED and incontinence and bad depression plus anger,nerve sparing surgery seems to of been a waste of time at the present time after almost 12 months recovery and none of the ED medicines except injection therapy work which he hates as it causes him a great deal of pain,we feel that we have exhausted all options available so my question is has anybody heard of using rso for rehabilitation after such a surgery with any successes at all?or could it be useful to prevent any further spread of this terrible disease which is my biggest concern?or maybe at least treat his depression?I feel like I've hit a wall as far as my research goes and would greatly appreciate any useful information or to hear from anybody that has dealt with any of these problems,i know this is not one of the usual topic's and it can be a hard thing to talk about but I'm at my wits end and feel so helpless my husband is only54 and his quality of life has been reduced significantly and he can't imagine living the rest of his life like this,is there any hope or am I just grappling at straw's, thanks everybody oh and by the way now is probably a great time to mention if your male and over 50 you should be aware of prostate cancer and get tested if your have any problems at all with your male organs get tested asap even if your under 50 IMO as was the case with my husband, it may save your life,thanks for reading people's and please feel free to private msg if you are more comfortable with that as I realise its a very personal topic,thank you

Would be a good idea to access CBD oil

http://blog.norml.org/2012/05/23/study-non-psychotropic-plant-cannabinoids-counteract-prostate-cancer-growth/

Hey Greenqueen,
I understand your situation very well and although my experience is not prostate related my experiences with cancer have, unfortunately, been many. I married into a family with a rogue gene, a gene that formed brain cancer and breast cancer. My wife, her twin sister and her daughter have all been diagnosed. My wife's twin passed away from brain cancer after 3 major surgeries and many years of fighting it. Here daughter was diagnosed early enough to catch it, but she too has needed multiple brain surgeries. My wife was also diagnosed with breast cancer and had radical surgery to manage that. Then, well, then there's me. I've been unlucky enough to have required 6 bouts of neurosurgeries (so far) for a nasty growing within my skull and been told this is about as good as it's gonna get. BBLLAAAAAHHHHHHH It's all shit, it's just the depth that varies. And my poor wife whose had to deal with them all, one VERY resilient lady. Mind you, she has to be resilient to put up with me lol lol lol

OK, so before I start this bit I want to say very clearly... ...I do not have all the answers... ...but here's some of my experiences/knowledge.

There are many stories you hear of the benefits of canna. With cures for everything from psoriasis to cancer and for some people the results have been bloody fantastic, amazing, even incredible. But unfortunately the results have all been anecdotal or hearsay. Most of this because successive govts of all persuasions have supported international agreements to ban any science into canna and this is only just starting to change. To 'legally' get the benefits we now need to wait for the science and the govt to catch up. This could take decades to occur. For some of us waiting for them is impossible. We need access NOW, not in 2030.
As I say "...you hear of the benefits of canna. With cures for everything from psoriasis to cancer..." unfortunately I haven't been so lucky as 'cure' and nor was my sis-in-law. All I can do from here is 'manage', so that's diet management, pain management and psych management. And with all 3 canna plays a HUGE role for me. The games the mind can play are nothing short of SHIT and for me, if I sit down and really think about my predicament, I can easily lead myself down an awful dark hole, one that is a hell of a dark place to bring myself out of, I know this, so I try to avoid going there. Canna helps me to divert my mind. For pain management, I'm on all sorts of meds. Hell, I have a candy store of every med I could ever want. They screw with my mind, they screw with my body. They are yuck. Canna helps me manage this and assists me to cut back on all the pharma crap, not eliminate, but certainly reduce. One of the benefits of canna use for me has been my diet. With all the treatments my diet has suffered and I haven't felt like eating. Canna gives me the 'munchies' and I need to eat. I must say I'm not exactly putting weight on but by the same accord, I'm not losing weight at the same rate that I was.

Some of the problems with anecdotal evidence is that the form of disease, the progression and the present state of the disease at the time of the 'miraculous' use varies vastly from patient to patient. Along with these variables is the strain and form (hash, oil, bud) and how it's used (smoke, vapour, topical, edible). Personally I find if I consume the same form in the same manner repeatedly over a few weeks it slowly loses its effectiveness. So for me I mix it up a bit. I have a variety of smokes, oils, hashes and edibles. Depending on the effect I want depends on what I consume. For example, when I can, I like to be active and I find smoking bud is better for me to function on than say hash or oil. But if I need to fully relax hash is my 'go to' smoke. Hash relaxes me REAL well, welds my arse to the lounge every time lol  So don't be limiting your father's use to a single strain or single form. I am part of a support group and have found it very interesting the differing effects of individuals and it seems it's a case of "mix'n'match" for what works best for each person.

Now, I also have to say here that the medical fraternity very much frown on the use of 'non approved therapies' so be careful and be aware. I have broached the subject with many dr's, professors and medical personnel with many varied responses. Everything from "go for it" through to threats of police reports. So although I strongly support canna as a management tool, just remember to be cautious  when mentioning such use to the medicos. 

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 3

Hi FF Thanks for your reply,how does one know if they have high THC product or a high CBD product, short of taking some one's word for it,this is something I have been wondering for a while? I'm so glad that you have not been stuck down with the dreaded C and I hope it continues that way because it really stinks to put it politely lol ,I'm looking it to making medicine asap but not sure if my cannabis will be suitable? Also I am very nervous about making the medicine after reading through a few methods basically well I'm concerned about blowing myself up even though I am a bit of a fire bug I still have a lot of respect for fire and wouldn't want to put my family at any risk either and am concerned that I'm very inexperienced in this area,I'm no scientist that's for sure,thanks for taking the time to reply,GQ

Other than looking at the cannabinoid levels advertised by breeders and sites like leafly.com, you can get the gear to test the profile yourself and it is completely legal. TLC lab supplies and alpha cat are two companies that supply the equipment

As for making the oil, imo an alcohol wash is the simplest method. But if you want somethng that does not use a solvent, bubble bags can produce excelent concentrates, but they are hard work.