Help needed, root rot problem im sure! all info supplied in thread

The basic's of mine.. Its a clone machine . Lots and lots of air, lots of mist and a shallow well one plant pot x 2 now. I used to clone( neoprene now)/ germinate in small rockwool blocks and transfer into 50mm witches hats the roots grow down over net baskets in the well. So the micro sprays work like NFT, the well and airstones works like a aero ..Pictures to come once I scan some and add it to my grow diary .( when they were all new and sparkly not 20 years of fade) . 

hmm yeah i have a super cloner......i thought once a plant gets so big they need a little medium to support them? i could be totally wrong.

Im hoping to get a responce here regarding this other issue i seem to be having i think may be because of my root rot issue.

im beginning to notice the tops of 3 of my buds have very little thc/resin on them compared to all the other buds, the lower parts of the buds are fine but the tops of them are not producing thc/resin as they should be, would this be because of my root rot issue?

iv been reading here about bio diesel and im thinking this product may help my plants produce more thc/resin is this correct?

come to think about it id rather not have to use anymore kind of products on my plants if possible. what can i do for my plants to produce more resin? and to produce resin on the buds that do not have much on them which is only 3 top buds.

all the indo and help i can get would be much appreciated......i dont like seeing a few buds not at there best! im 6th weeks into flower with 4 weeks left. needing to get these girls up to a good health level so i am happy with the outcome when i pull.

Edited by medicalgrower

If you are certain you have an issue with root rot, maybe you would be better off focusing on sorting that out.  No point putting one additive or another, or a combo of them into the system if the roots are shot to shit, plant won't uptake properly.

Get Pythoff or something similar, and run it until the roots are in some sort of clean and healthy state, then just run standard nutes with maybe one additive which is designed for root health, and hope that's good enough to nurse them through to the end.  If you've got root rot in mid flower you just have to lower your expectations for yield and quality for the grow.

But the 1st question is, are you absolutely certain you have root rot issues?  No point stabbing around in the dark if you aren't.  Pics might be helpful, either turn off all location services etc on your phone, or use a stand alone point and shoot digi cam like I do, no need to get too stressed about exif info if you do that IMO, they might be able to match pics to your cam if they raid you and have that connection, but if that happens it's not going to matter what you've done with pics anyway.  Or inspect your roots for smell, and feel if a slimy layer comes off when you run roots between your fingers.

• Upvote 1

If you are certain you have an issue with root rot, maybe you would be better off focusing on sorting that out.  No point putting one additive or another, or a combo of them into the system if the roots are shot to shit, plant won't uptake properly.

Get Pythoff or something similar, and run it until the roots are in some sort of clean and healthy state, then just run standard nutes with maybe one additive which is designed for root health, and hope that's good enough to nurse them through to the end.  If you've got root rot in mid flower you just have to lower your expectations for yield and quality for the grow.

But the 1st question is, are you absolutely certain you have root rot issues?  No point stabbing around in the dark if you aren't.  Pics might be helpful, either turn off all location services etc on your phone, or use a stand alone point and shoot digi cam like I do, no need to get too stressed about exif info if you do that IMO, they might be able to match pics to your cam if they raid you and have that connection, but if that happens it's not going to matter what you've done with pics anyway.  Or inspect your roots for smell, and feel if a slimy layer comes off when you run roots between your fingers.

hi mate, yes im def sure its root rot, i thought the H2O2 would have cleaned out my system and roots? iv used it for 2 days in a row now, think i better get them back on there nutes as the H202 destroys organic nutes yeah? ill have to replace them im thinking.

some of my seedling are starting to look better from the H2O2 but my large flowering girls are still a little crook.

whats the best way to run H2O2 with organic nutes in a res? without leaving the plants without fresh nutes for to long?

sorry no pic`s at this stage, i`m looking at getting a simple camera for this sort of thing....also have to look into exif programs.

Edited by medicalgrower

Dunno, only had root rot once and I used Pythoff as per packet directions with non organic hydroponic nutrients, and followed that up with a light dose of Roots Excellurator until a few weeks from the end.  Binned or bleached everything associated with that grow, and have been careful about res temps since, with no further problems.  I run coco during the hotter months to avoid those issues, and flood and drain during cooler weather only with the water heater set to 19-20c to be on the safe side.

Dunno, only had root rot once and I used Pythoff as per packet directions with non organic hydroponic nutrients, and followed that up with a light dose of Roots Excellurator until a few weeks from the end.  Binned or bleached everything associated with that grow, and have been careful about res temps since, with no further problems.  I run coco during the hotter months to avoid those issues, and flood and drain during cooler weather only with the water heater set to 19-20c to be on the safe side.

okay cheers mate.

iv been running my res at 22c do u think i should drop it to 19-20c?

Can't remember the ideal temp, but I think it's in that 21-23 range????  I've preferred to opt for a bit lower on the basis that as the temp goes down, the dissolved oxygen level is meant to go up, and to also play it on the safe side in case the thermo in the heater is off a bit, suppose I should check it one day with a thermometer instead of guessing.  I wouldn't go any lower though, as plant performance will drop outside of a happy temp range in the rootzone

Can't remember the ideal temp, but I think it's in that 21-23 range????  I've preferred to opt for a bit lower on the basis that as the temp goes down, the dissolved oxygen level is meant to go up, and to also play it on the safe side in case the thermo in the heater is off a bit, suppose I should check it one day with a thermometer instead of guessing.  I wouldn't go any lower though, as plant performance will drop outside of a happy temp range in the rootzone

ok cheers, going to run my res at 19-20, as when the lights go on my res temp always rises....so im accounting for a few degrees up when my lights go on. hows this sound? 19 is not to low is it?

just a update, buds are all starting to get bigger, looking better apart from the first most affected plants leaves are dull apart from that this grow seems like it might finish ok......was worried it might not but the h2O2 treatment seems to have worked as well as keeping the res temp to 19-22......think its working a treat.

• Upvote 1