Help needed, root rot problem im sure! all info supplied in thread

The H2o2 can b picked up from a chemist at 3% and 6% but at some garden shops you can a 50% mix i think it is called hysan...

edited: i googled and now realize exacly what ur talking about! :)

also i forgot to mention i have been using 016 Stabilised Oxygen, would this product by any chance help my root rot out at all? iv heard it can help? but to what extent?

Edited by medicalgrower

3% means if u have 100mils 97% is water and 3% is the h2o2 so it is a light mix

The 3 and the 6% will do the job but will take a lil longer to do and the stuff 50% u will get from a garden shop it dosent have to b a hydro shop.

I only payed 20 i think it was for a 250mls bottle of the 50% and no it just water that is added from my understanding.

But becareful with the 50% it can and will burn your skin and send u blind if u get in your eyes.

I had coppers shaking a 250mls bottle of it and they got it all over there uniforms with in a hour there nice blue uniforms where covered in white spots, it made my day lol

• Upvote 1

sweet this is very useful info ;) please help me understand will the H2o2 from chemist at %3 and %6 do the job im wanting it todo? also with the %50 mix whats the different in % ? is there more of a certain chemical in the hydro shops version? what one works best? little unsure what you mean on the % side off things. sorry if the question is dumb, better asked then not!

im also on a budget atm but want my ladies to finish completely,

The less percentage, the more you'd use to have effect. Basically about money. If you got a 6% bottle from chemist and put just a couple ml in your res and use some in a mix to clean your gear you should be right and just add some as a preventative measure every few because it doesn't stick around for long. That should be enough on a budget

3% means if u have 100mils 97% is water and 3% is the h2o2 so it is a light mix

The 3 and the 6% will do the job but will take a lil longer to do and the stuff 50% u will get from a garden shop it dosent have to b a hydro shop.

I only payed 20 i think it was for a 250mls bottle of the 50% and no it just water that is added from my understanding.

But becareful with the 50% it can and will burn your skin and send u blind if u get in your eyes.

I had coppers shaking a 250mls bottle of it and they got it all over there uniforms with in a hour there nice blue uniforms where covered in white spots, it made my day lol

ok cool thanks got ya...haha pissa yeah ill play safe with it then for sure thanks for the heads up.

The less percentage, the more you'd use to have effect. Basically about money. If you got a 6% bottle from chemist and put just a couple ml in your res and use some in a mix to clean your gear you should be right and just add some as a preventative measure every few because it doesn't stick around for long. That should be enough on a budget

yeah cool cool no problems will do.....thanks for all the info everyone.

Root rot is a bitch. Good luck taming that beast. Find a permanent solution to res temp or it'll never cease. I use stuff called Z7 which keeps my res as clean and clear as possible, even if temps are slightly high. Hydroguard is another product similar and cheaper.

I'd say Hydrogen peroxide all in there and clean your gear immaculate, then add either of those 2 products or similar, fix the temps and should be clear sailing.

my hydro shop doesnt open entill Tuesday now, i want to hit this root rot asap. does Hydrogen peroxide have any affect on the bud when flushed and finished?  i dont like the sound of using chemicals but i been reading that this Hydrogen peroxide does wonders to plants?  helps them in many ways! im just wondering if it affects the quality of the smoko?

No hydrogen peroxide brakes down into oxygen into the water.

You are not using it all the time so it wont cause an issue, you are just using to wash the system out.

Like i said it kills all the microbes good and bad it the bad ones u want rid of...

ok thanks mate, Yesterday i treated my res with 60ml of %6 h202 to 60 litres.

today i noticed 2 of the plants with more leafs burning at tips and more older leafs starting to curl at the top of them again.

im hoping this 6% hp does the job, does everyone think 60ml to 60 liters of %6 hryogen peroxide will do the job as a once of treatment? or am i going to have to add more? not sure if it should have taken affect yet or? just like i mentioned i have more leafs with problems since about 24 hours ago when i done a res change with the 6%.