Seedling dying?

Hey guys,

This is my first seedling from a seedbank, NLxBB which I germinated around a week ago and planted in some coco, it looked great at first but it hasn't seemed to do much the last few days and now looking a bit worse for ware. I really would like to save this if I can...

22/3/17 - Germinated in cup of water for 24 hours till taproot showed
23/3/17 - Planted in coco, 1.5L rocket pot
25/3/17 - Sprouted and looking healthy (pic 1)
Filled in around the stem with coco as it grew so it didn't get too stringy/spindly
Fed with weak mix of grow nutes and silica, under 250ppm and pH 5.9
29/3/17 - Spotted an adult fungus gnat in the coco, provided weak solution of eco neem to kill them (under 80ppm)
30/3/17 - Has not developed second set of leaves and seems to be yellowing (pic2)

I think I have good drainage and hopefully have not overwatered.

Pic 1 and pic 2 are 7 days apart.
Please help, can this be saved? I really hope it's not beyond repair.
I am not sure how quickly second set of true leaves should appear.

Thanks!

Day2

post-60242-0-50639900-1490886747_thumb.jpg

Day7

post-60242-0-17715500-1490886750_thumb.jpg

itd be the nutes.. way to early for nutes. I usually wait untill 14-21 days before even think of adding nutrients, but i do give them some ryzo after 7 days.

Thanks mate, to clarify it was looking a bit pale and shit before that, I was thinking it might have had gnats in the coco causing root issues.

Maybe if i leave it alone it will come good. I can hope anyway... cheers

• Upvote 1

Gently remove the coco from the roots and inspect them for damage and/or rot.  Make up a fresh batch of coco with the same weak nute solution, give each handful a good squeeze to get rid of excess moisture as you repot it, and hope for the best. 

If you've got root rot, you can try pyth off, or roots excelurator etc, but in reality the chances of saving it with no real living leaves is pretty slim.  Better to bin it and crack a fresh one.  Also check the stem where you buried it deeper, if it's gone a bit thin spongy and weak, it's got damping off, and also probably a goner.

Could be a simple case of being bogged down from a feed followed by a neem drenching, of maybe the neem was too much?  Big problem you've got is recovery from damage at that size is difficult to put it mildly

Theory is that seedlings don't need nutrients, but in reality a weak solution is best.  In nature they don't sprout into an inert environment, so why do it in a hydroponic medium?  I always start seedlings off in coco with an EC around 0.6-0.8, and it has never damaged anything, so long as you don't burn them they are very happy eating something besides the stores in their cotyledons.