watering 101

Hi i have a good idea for the out door grower to save water i have always grown outdoors and learnt a lot as where i was living in the middle of a national park just west of sydney. To many campers walking onto my property and finding my trees.

My method was simple I first dig a hole 3'l x 3'w x 2'd, line the bottom of the hole with nappies put horseshit on top of that. Then i filled the hole with a lyer of sand

about 2in thick fill rest with a mix of poting mix,peat moss and water crystals last thing i did was put another 2in of sand over the top a little bush matter to hide the

sand i only watered them once a month of 40l ,

So ummm whats the purpose of the nappies the fact they soak up water and im guessing the roots will search it out and tap into it ??

This pump wouldnt be practical for all ,but it could be used if near a creek or dam of some sort.

http://www.rpc.com.au/specials/glockemann/glock_special.html

Expensive tho the smaller version retails for about $1000

Edited by tartass

Hi all,

I grow 10 to 15 plants on a hill, I have six 44gal drums which I refill every 6 weeks. I have two plots and 3 drums feed each plot. Each set of drums are laying on their sides and are linked via 12mm poly pipe into the small bung hole at bottom, off this is a battery operated timer and 12mm poly pipe buried to the plots.

I have 180 degree spray nozzles at each plant. The drums are well above the plots, so gravity and 2 x AA batteries do all the wok for me. The only thing is the refills but I have a 1200L tank & a firefighter pump with a long hose so that takes stuff all energy as well. oh good in-line filters save headaches as well.Cheers

Bushy lol

hi evrybody how is evry one doing.just want to tell evryone the best way to get your plants healthy and dont have to water you plants for a couple of months the most you will use in the comming months is 20l of water.now if you can get your hands on a sheep karkers dead or alive dig a hole around 3 feet bury the sheep in the hole and then fill the whole up with warter. then fill the whole up with the sand wait three months so the maggets can eat all th meat on the carkers.then plant you plants the best nitrogen in the world soon as the roots hit the karkers omg the best fertilizer i have ever used plus your plants will always have water because the wool will keep the plants allways moist.i have grown plants with this method for 20 years and grown to 20 feet with no problem. an old farmer showed me this method and in my 20 years of growing i never had a yellow leaf.please try it and all you guys will thank me the ultimate thrive method.

hi evrybody how is evry one doing.just want to tell evryone the best way to get your plants healthy and dont have to water you plants for a couple of months the most you will use in the comming months is 20l of water.now if you can get your hands on a sheep karkers dead or alive dig a hole around 3 feet bury the sheep in the hole and then fill the whole up with warter. then fill the whole up with the sand wait three months so the maggets can eat all th meat on the carkers.then plant you plants the best nitrogen in the world soon as the roots hit the karkers omg  the best fertilizer i have ever used plus your plants will always have water because the wool will keep the plants allways moist.i have grown plants with this method for 20 years and grown to 20 feet with no problem. an old farmer showed me this method and in my 20 years of growing i never had a yellow leaf.please try it and all you guys will thank me the ultimate thrive method.

how are you bush grower please try this method you will never have to fertiliser your plants again soon as the roots hit the carkus plenty of blood and bone and nitrogen :thumbsup

:reallyexcited:

Hi,

For me I use a flood and drain system with hydroton.

my timers alter depending on the stage of growth, in veg they are on 15 Minutes per 2 hours.

In flowering I decrease it to 15 minutes every 3 to 4 hours, depending on how hot the day is.

I dont run water at all at when the lights are off.

:)

dude that just isn't right. Any healthy plant will increase its rate of growth during flower therefore if anything your watering should gradually increase in early to mid flower then taper off as the buds ripen and the plant dies. If you decrease your watering times during flower you are either not giving your plant the chance to bloom to its full potential or there is something wrong in your grow environment or nute mix which is stunting growth and resulting in the plants needing less watering.

This is why I'm a big fan of run to waste systems, because you can check your runoff every day and adjust your watering times to suit.

hi evrybody how is evry one doing.just want to tell evryone the best way to get your plants healthy and dont have to water you plants for a couple of months the most you will use in the comming months is 20l of water.now if you can get your hands on a sheep karkers dead or alive dig a hole around 3 feet bury the sheep in the hole and then fill the whole up with warter. then fill the whole up with the sand wait three months so the maggets can eat all th meat on the carkers.then plant you plants the best nitrogen in the world soon as the roots hit the karkers omg the best fertilizer i have ever used plus your plants will always have water because the wool will keep the plants allways moist.i have grown plants with this method for 20 years and grown to 20 feet with no problem. an old farmer showed me this method and in my 20 years of growing i never had a yellow leaf.please try it and all you guys will thank me the ultimate thrive method.

so where would you get a few of these ?

ev :peace: