Rust spots on leaves getting worse

Hey guys,

Been having some issues with my plant, it's my first real grow and haven't been able to self diagnose this one. You can follow along with my grow journal here.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/77488-small-led-grow/

Unknown Strain
Growing in Coco run to waste
Using Mars Hydro LED
Currently at approx day 46, issue first appeared around start of week 6 when we added some PK13-14
Gave it a good flush around 20L of RO water pH'd to 5.8ish
Issue seemed to be under control
Started feeding again in last few days and seems to be getting worse again rapidly
Currently feeding Ozi Tonic (8mL/L) and Cal Mag (1mL/L) and RO water, pH to 5.7-5.9. ~950ppm (1.9EC)
Feeding every other day until I get 10-20% run off
Run off is around 250ppm (0.5EC) but pH is always close to 6.5-7.0 and has been all grow

I've been trying to self diagnose this all night but not sure what it could be.
Nute burn? Calcium deficiency? Phosphorous deficiency?

Any ideas what the problem could be or how to handle it ? I'm getting close to the end I think don't want to fuck it up now.

Thinking Calcium def.. if so should I up the cal mag from 1mL/L ?

Cheers

post-60242-0-90389500-1490881200_thumb.jpg post-60242-0-80723600-1490881206_thumb.jpg post-60242-0-01220400-1490881214_thumb.jpg post-60242-0-29993300-1490881219_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Been having some issues with my plant, it's my first real grow and haven't been able to self diagnose this one. You can follow along with my grow journal here.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/77488-small-led-grow/

Unknown Strain

Growing in Coco run to waste

Using Mars Hydro LED

Currently at approx day 46, issue first appeared around start of week 6 when we added some PK13-14

Gave it a good flush around 20L of RO water pH'd to 5.8ish

Issue seemed to be under control

Started feeding again in last few days and seems to be getting worse again rapidly

Currently feeding Ozi Tonic (8mL/L) and Cal Mag (1mL/L) and RO water, pH to 5.7-5.9. ~950ppm (1.9EC)

Feeding every other day until I get 10-20% run off

Run off is around 250ppm (0.5EC) but pH is always close to 6.5-7.0 and has been all grow

I've been trying to self diagnose this all night but not sure what it could be.

Nute burn? Calcium deficiency? Phosphorous deficiency?

Any ideas what the problem could be or how to handle it ? I'm getting close to the end I think don't want to fuck it up now.

Thinking Calcium def.. if so should I up the cal mag from 1mL/L ?

Cheers

attachicon.gif001.jpg attachicon.gif002.jpg attachicon.gif003.jpg attachicon.gif004.jpg

Hydro your over doing it mate, the feed rate on Ozi Tonic is max 5mls per litre your dosing is 8mls per litre way too much u should do a huge flush than feed 3mls of Ozi Tonic per litre of water

your PPM of 950 is too strong it should be around 750 this is because of the overdose on the Ozi Tonic

Cheers Gazza you're probably right I'm overdoing it, the Ozi Tonic I have says 10mL/L on the bottle but I did wonder if ~1000ppm/2.0EC is too strong, I'm also adding CalMag to my nute mix too which brings the ppm up a fair bit. I see so many variations on people reporting strength online of what to feed, maybe some people talking shit or not measuring correctly or variations in strain. I think what i've learned is start slow and work up and then back off or flush if any issues at all, and to flush with water regularly between feeds too like once a week or so.

Edited by hydrochronic

Ca toxicity, dont add additional calmag every feed, plants also generally require less Mg in bloom than they do in vegetative phase.... You should never add additional calmag every feed in vege or bloom.... its unnecessary.It should be applied periodically, every couple of weeks, not full strength either. It also very much depends on the medium you are using...

EDIT: seen you are using RO .... you can use a lil more mag/cal than suggested ....just dont overdo it.... its such an easy problem to correct and much more difficult when its a toxicity and youve added way too much for way too long....

Edited by _Puff_Tough_

Ca toxicity, dont add additional calmag every feed, plants also generally require less Mg in bloom than they do in vegetative phase.... You should never add additional calmag every feed in vege or bloom.... its unnecessary.It should be applied periodically, every couple of weeks, not full strength either. It also very much depends on the medium you are using...

Thanks mate, almost everything else I read says coco and LEDs need extra cal mag and add cal mag every time 5mL/Gallon. Hard to find much info on Ca toxicity except that it locks our other nutes.

I got some GT coco nutes to use next time which will be the only thing i use, try and keep it more simple.

hey mate, not sure you have read my edited post above, you should be adding additional Mg if youre using RO water sure, but everyday is excessive.... there are only miniscule ammts of mg in tapwater....

Thanks good advice, cheers mate. Easier to add more than take some back.

I am just trying to see this one to the finish line now and will try to have a smoother run next time I think.

Hmm thanks Gazza that's a bit different to what the bottle says.

The best advice i can give is to not dose ANYTHING at full application rates until you can assess how the plant will respond, could take 10 days to know ... Most common deficiencies of cannabis are easily rectified...

Good point cheers. I got some better nutes for next time and going to take it a lot more easy and see how it goes. As you say easier to see when a problem pops up and deal with it than try and overcompensate.