Products to avoid.

I swear I've seen people take strains that would be normally fluffy when grown outdoors e.g certain pure sativas and then grow them nice and dense with the use of the right nutes and additives. Am I completely wrong or would that actually be possible?

they must be lying or growing hybrids 

the 100% sativa's I have grown, zero chance they could have developed hard nugs 

tho hybirds that are sativa leaning... I have had dense buds from them but also have grown not-so-dense hybrids

all about the genes

• Upvote 1

they must be lying or growing hybrids

the 100% sativa's I have grown, zero chance they could have developed hard nugs

tho hybirds that are sativa leaning... I have had dense buds from them but also have grown not-so-dense hybrids

all about the genes

What would a fluffy landrace sativa look like treated with something like Hulk?

I'm confused, you say what's in the commercial crap, and ask what additives to use because you want good weed, then you seem to be wanting the stuff they use for the commercial crap, or am I misunderstanding?

It's the PGR's that make the commercial stuff dense, and also low resin immature shite.  So if you use it to grow your own buds, they will be the same.  True, density doesn't just come down to genetics, badly fed etc will lead to less density, but the density you are looking for is either genetic, or PGRs.  I have grown a couple of super dense strains without PGR's, bet even they end up less rock hard than PGR bud.

So if you want good, grow good genetics well.  If you want rock hard nugs, poison your shit with PGR's and put up with the results. 

I've grown pure sativas which had the visual appearance of being solid, but they were not that hard when squeezed. 

• Upvote 1

Not all commercial bud is PGR some of it has just been comrpessed for whatever reasons i donno but u can spot the PGR buds because they are very hairy what the PGR does it stops lateral growth compressing that 10cm bud now into a 6cm bud so it has no option but to grow out in girth hence the density improves

IMO the density is in the intensity and genetics if u have a strong light and a good strain suitable for hard buds you should end up with hard buds, I typically look for strains with large calyx because they seem to mature more quicker than a strain with calyx 1/4th the size plus the calyx imo is what makes the density

Go with a well known brand. I say stick with a simple 2 part. And if ya still not happy with your end product, look into additives. Some of my best buds ive grown with just plain old canna vega n flores. No pk, no enhancers or no yewbewt top secret unicorn piss.

Its easy to isolate a problem when theres less factors. For further information, search kiss method. lol.

• Upvote 3