Dying wilting branches

For the last 3 seasons I've been having this drama with branches starting to die and wilter and it's allways roughly half to 3/4 of the way through flowering. The branch will start to go brown and just dry up and die, the brown would just spread further and progress to next branch and so on evev if you cut infected branch off. So after 1st time thinking it must be something in the ground beeing outside grow I will line hole in ground with wheelie bin liner then add soils and compost, sad as shit, happened again so next time this season lined holes again and nothing but everything out of bags from bunnings thinking should be all good. WTF same shit again very dishartening watching plants start to look so good and then just turn to shit in front of your eyes, what the hell is doing this. Just want to let the girls to go full term for some ripe bud. So whilst I was doing my premature trimming due to bud wilt ( all ph's and ferts and all that is good ) I cut a branch off and noticed it's like gray and mouldy inside so I gotta cut this and check it out. After cutting anoter branch off I snapped it in half and started prying open, WTF OMG it's a god damn grub inside the branch eating the life out of it. At least I know what has been causing the problem now, so obviously my next problem is where is this grub coming from and how can I prevent it before it infests the plant beyond return. I hope this has helped some others with same problem and someone could help with a solution to this grub. I have a 10 ft afghan cow that needs another 2 to 4 weeks that isn't affected as yet, fingers crossed.post-60602-149045199303_thumb.jpgpost-60602-149045201388_thumb.jpgpost-60602-149045202723_thumb.jpgpost-60602-149045207323_thumb.jpgpost-60602-149045219323_thumb.jpg

.post-60602-149044900044_thumb.jpgpost-60602-149044903583_thumb.jpg

post-60602-149044911072_thumb.jpg

G'day choofie :toke:  Sad deal with your plants mate...very frustrating particularly a couple of seasons in a row.  I had an NL and Afghan do the same thing...about 4 weeks into flower.  I cut the stems looking for any clues...nothing like what you've shown but the plant reactions were nearly identical....looking in the stems I kinda ruled out verti and fusariium wilts...now grubs/bugs or residues  :scratchin: Sorry to see and hear choofie. They were going so well then gone in like 2-3 days....ruthless whatever it was.  I have suspicions it may be some compromised mulch in my instance.  

Peace and all the best with the big affie stoner

Faith :sun:

Thanks, yep real shame to watch them drop like literally overnight, no mulch problem either cause I generall do 6 holes all same mix and there will be 1 or 2 that isn't affected. Cheers thanks have a great day beautiful sunday morning here in the south east, no rain heaps of sun