Harvest only by smell

Is there anybody who has tried this method and how were the results? 

Taking into account flowering time size and close timing to the normal harvest date for that strain....

How were your results and would you do it again.

As in the last 2 weeks the floral smell has changed every week and has about a month to go based on previous grows of this strain...and the longer I leave it the hash spicy smell of this strain smell overpowers the other scents that start off really sativa and floral.

post-60532-0-22818900-1490095384_thumb.jpg

Is there anybody who has tried this method and how were the results? 

Taking into account flowering time size and close timing to the normal harvest date for that strain....

How were your results and would you do it again.

As in the last 2 weeks the floral smell has changed every week and has about a month to go based on previous grows of this strain...and the longer I leave it the hash spicy smell of this strain smell overpowers the other scents that start off really sativa and floral.

Your doing something right, two hot girls! haha

lets say u were blind folded.. and made to harvest, would u? i doubt it lol

I knew a bloke when I was a teenager whose mum had no sense of smell. I forget the condition or if caused by head trauma or whatever.

As long as she didn't see the smoke we were all good. Was fascinating at the time.

Never stayed for dinner but I reckon it could have been hit or miss.

She would have been shit for sure at harvesting buds using this method.

Also, if ya got a sinus problem or flu or whatever, surely affect smell

I knew a bloke when I was a teenager whose mum had no sense of smell. I forget the condition or if caused by head trauma or whatever.

As long as she didn't see the smoke we were all good. Was fascinating at the time.

Never stayed for dinner but I reckon it could have been hit or miss.

She would have been shit for sure at harvesting buds using this method.

Also, if ya got a sinus problem or flu or whatever, surely affect smell

I had my nose fractured a few years ago i lost around 35-40% of smell i use to have a very sensitive nose i could smell when people had been in my house just before i came home and shit like that it was weird now i have lost it all

So just from a broken nose?

Damn.

Do you mean it has progressed to no smell at all now?

If so that's shit man

I probably have 60% of my smell but i snore and choke in my sleep all from the nose, another family member was punched in the nose as a kid that person has zero smell at all and needs to breeth out mouth while eating fucking aweful i would hate not being able to smell anything at all

Its easy, wait to they are sticky sweet and swollen, start harvesting , I,could do it blindfolded with a peg on me nose.

Today I new what the loupe would see, from 10 feet away, I recon I could harvest it however anyone wanted, by sight alone.

that is how it is, have never done it another way, have looked through a loupe 30 years ago and decided it was a waste of time

its just a plant harvest it when its ready how ever you decide to do it

and enjoy

IMO Harvest is a sensory process

It's not just about what the plant looks like, it's not just how the plant smells and it's not just how the buds feel to the touch. It's all of these things combined

The oldtimer's 'harvest time' was when the hairs turned brown, that changed with the loupe being introduced to the process and views of the trichomes improved.

Some people go by smell, but as I've found (and others), the longer you leave it the more those fragrances mature and each grow has it's own unique aroma.

As many here know I go past the 8wk harvest and allow mine to go thru to week 12-13. In doing this those white hairs that turn brown drop off, disappear totally, before the bud swells from inside and a new set of hairs burst forward to go through the whole process again. I allow this 'browning' to occur 3 times. The fragrance is intensified, the density of the bud increases hugely and the resulting smoke is WICKED.

So, yea you can go by the browning of the hairs and you can go by the smell and you can go by way the buds look OR you can go by all 3.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

• Upvote 3