new to indoor growing

Hi Guys, im new to indoor growing and looking to get a tent going, just wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to buy to get it all going ? i looked into buying a tent kit from a hydro shop but its pretty expensive, i will have around $1500 to spend and would like to use a 600w hps light so what else do i need ? also i will most likely be growing in a coco perlite mix

baldy buying a kit from a shop is probably the best way to kick off but u need to sit down and do some research on how to use the products you will be buying in the kit

coco and perlite is very forgiving and only needs watering once every few days so it is low maintenance

look up instruction on your nutrients and look up instructions on how to use your PH meter, the TDS or PPM meter is not really needed just go by the instructions on the bottle to start off with remember what they say on the bottle is full strength food so u need to divide it for small plants

have fun

Your budget is good but spend a few weeks doing product research first..  You can set up for half that but you may regret it.. Try to find a quality tent, Get what you pay for there.  Avoid generic carbon filter.. Look for Can filter or Phresh filter..  Just do the research first and avoid buying low end junk..  

Pretty sure the shop price would be a rip off. Probably cheap growlush products too

• Upvote 1

Personally, Do Not Buy a Kit. Have a look around and buy separate components. You'll then be a bit more sure on quality and price.

Are you looking at hydro? Are you looking at fully automated or hand watering?

If you're looking at hydro make sure you pots, tubs and tubing is all black, you don't want light being able to get to your fluids. Being black will help prevent this.

Again if going hydro, plastic wholesalers/manufacturers will be cheaper than a retailer for your tubs. I'd recommend you use a rubber/plastic mix tubing, its more flexible so you can bend around tight corners without kinking the tube. Plastic will kink and means you'll need more connectors. The rubber/plastic mix tubing will seal without needing hose clamps. Some people use clamps anyway and, for safety and depending on where you place your tent, it may be advisable to use them anyway.

If automated you may find aquarium stores a bit cheaper for water pumps and airpumps. Electrical wholesalers sell heavy duty timers cheaper too. If you can, for your electricals, go heavy duty or tradesman duty (usually more than 10amp)Household circuits are usually 10 amp. But some circuits can be 15 or 20 amp.

Make yourself a shopping list, then go pricing every item on your list, do not take the first price as being the best. Often if you tell them you can get a better price down the road they will match or better that price, so shop around.

Best of luck with it all

Merl1n

As stated above get a good quality tent, in a size matched to your lighting, for a single 600w HPS I'd recommend 1.2x1.2x2.0.  Above brand filters most definitely, avoid the cheaper ones like the plague.  An extraction fan matched to the filter and tent size, just grab a centri fan if you're not worried about noise, but if you need quiet get something like a Whisper or Hyper Fan etc, but go 200mm at least so you can dial the speed back and still have sufficient air movement.  Grab your ballast, globe, and shade, magnetic or digital ballast is your choice, but again, get a decent brand, avoid Growlush like the plague.  With your budget you could probably go a Lumatek Digi ballast, which allows you to dial back the wattage when desired.  Get a good globe, I like Phillips Son t Ag's, but there's other good ones.  And good timers are a must, particularly for HPS lights which can kill cheap ones, but also for pumps if you're going that sort of hydro, as a dead timer not turning the pump on can do a lot of damage pretty quickly.

After that stuff it pretty much comes down to what style of grow your doing, so as stated above, research and plan.

Buy a good supply of duct tape, cable ties, and PVC coated wire.

:peace:

thanks guys, merlin ill be growing in a perlite coco mix if thats what u mean ? is it right that u dont really need to worry about ph, tds or ppm etc when growing in coco ?

I no longer test for TDS/PPM unless i have a problem, i test and adjust my PH but u can buy nutrients these days that automatically adjust your PH to perfect, growing in coco is done run to waste meaning once u water the plants any run off is waste