Couldn't actually find anywhere to ask this BREEDING Q

Auto's done clone well because they grow by age not photo period

That's what I believed as well.  But whilst I haven't tried it, I did see a thread somewhere once where a guy was taking cuts and ending up with bigger plants from clones than from seed.  Wish I could remember where it was :doh: .  I think timing of taking cuts was important, but can't remember any details, meant to revisit it one day when I felt like having a crack at it but wasn't clever enough to keep a record of anything.  Could be a fun experiment, could have also been some guy making shit up to get attention for all I know.

I think the basic theory was taking cuttings during the stretch phase, and they stall while striking roots, and then maybe revert to veg before going back into the stretch phase, leading to a plant which is bigger at the start of stretch than mum was.  I still can't get the basics of auto's to stop clashing with that idea in my head though, so I have doubts.

That's what I believed as well.  But whilst I haven't tried it, I did see a thread somewhere once where a guy was taking cuts and ending up with bigger plants from clones than from seed.  Wish I could remember where it was :doh: .  I think timing of taking cuts was important, but can't remember any details, meant to revisit it one day when I felt like having a crack at it but wasn't clever enough to keep a record of anything.  Could be a fun experiment, could have also been some guy making shit up to get attention for all I know.

I think the basic theory was taking cuttings during the stretch phase, and they stall while striking roots, and then maybe revert to veg before going back into the stretch phase, leading to a plant which is bigger at the start of stretch than mum was.  I still can't get the basics of auto's to stop clashing with that idea in my head though, so I have doubts.

Hashy i can't clone my Red Poison they are about 1 foot tall today with around 1cm side branches haha lol

Any idea how long i will be waiting after flowering finishes before it starts spitting bananas and pollen? I'm looking to buy some more auto flowering strains since this Red Poison is flying along and possibly crossing it with more autos or the SSS Nice Chunk as suggested earlier

i think i watched a video or someone pollinating buds and the guy said u can store the pollen in the fridge or freezer any idea how long it would last?

No idea, but I suspect it would take a while to produce anything, possibly so long that an auto might die.  Big problem with that method is that whilst nana's do get produced by many strains if pushed late, the numbers are not massive and the nana's don't contain a lot of pollen.  So with a small amount of bud left on, it could be iffy. 

I got my last batch of fem auto pollen by simply forcing a female plant with colloidal silver.  Yeah, I sorta wasted a whole fem plant to do it, but I ended up with a shitload of fem auto beans.  Took a long time to collect any pollen, so leave the plants you want to pollenate until you start getting pollen.  Wait until stretch if you want to try taking a clone to do it to, you'll have plenty of branches to choose from then.

Store it in the freezer, makes sure it's totally dry  first.  I haven't had it stay particularly viable for more than a year, but have heard of it lasting longer.

• Upvote 1

In short its not worth it. Seeds you breed will be to unstable for 2 reasons.

1. The new seeds will be very inconsistent, some might auto flower some wont.

All autoflowers have been crossed with a ruderarlis parent so the new seeds can take traits from either parent.

Ruderarlis is very low in thc, so if it leans toward that it will autoflower low thc buds.

Ruderalis is generaly crossed with a high thc sativa or indica or hybrid, so if seeds take on that trait you will get a plant that will most likely not auto flower.

2. If you stress your plant to the point it hermies your introducing hermie pollen not male pollen. So your new seeds you make will carry that gene and have a high chance of herming up thereself.

Hope that made sense lol

PEACE

• Upvote 1

You have to reverse an auto super early in its life. To late and you buds will Probs be dead before they throw pollen. 3-4th week from seed. Red poison is a very fast auto strain like 60-70 days from seed. I've crossed photo period with auto strains and you will get almost 0 auto with the F1 generation. Back crossing onto the original auto or another full auto strain will result in a generation being skipped. I.e. 2 nd gen 25%. With a back cross 50%. The more you back cross the more you lose the photo period characteristics your trying to breed in.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app