How do you germinate your seeds?

I put seeds in between a damp paper towel and into an enclosed plastic container then on top of my hot water system (which is in a cupboard) seeds usually crack in a day or two sometimes a little longer.

I've not heard of the cheesecloth method either.

All the best :)

to much handling , imho

soaking of seed has been done by farmers for years , pretty tried & true 

not to say you can't go straight to a media or whatever floats ya boat 

the main thing that is happening in seed germination is enzyme creation 

& the catalyst for that enzyme creation in soil is fulvic acid 

soak seeds in a 1 to 100 solution of fulvic & water , i've had seeds crack in less than 12hrs

then into rootit plugs soaked in the same fulvic solution

there's a million ways , good luck choosing

to much handling , imho

& the catalyst for that enzyme creation in soil is fulvic acid 

soak seeds in a 1 to 100 solution of fulvic & water , i've had seeds crack in less than 12hrs

I got some Fulvic on the way Itchy, going to see if this stuff helps with older seeds as well as fresh ones.  But my question is, if this is good for enzyme creation for sprouts, would it also serve well in aiding clones with rooting and early development?

Cheesecloth ?? Sounds like an old hippy thing !

A lot of seeds will open within 24 hours ,I wouldn't like to try and seperate a seeds roots from cheesecloth ,

Do you know about Paper Towel method ,...or soaking in water ?

Yeah man you're right. This is my first time so I didn't really know many methods to begin with. I will probs keep it simple and just soak in water

to much handling , imho

& the catalyst for that enzyme creation in soil is fulvic acid

Some good info here. Cheers for sharing. I will try that if I'm having bad luck. So how do you do it exactly? Pour some fulvic acid solution into an air-tight container with water and then add the seed? How much ml of each do you put in roughly?

I got some Fulvic on the way Itchy, going to see if this stuff helps with older seeds as well as fresh ones.  But my question is, if this is good for enzyme creation for sprouts, would it also serve well in aiding clones with rooting and early development?

yep absolutely 

for cloning , so would kelp & aloe 

info from clackamascoot

If you're not opposed to using RapidRooters this will give you at least 90% success rate. 

Adjust the quantities for your situation. 

Add 5 tsps. of kelp meal to 1 gallon of water. Let that sit for 24 hours and shake and strain & drain. This will be your base and you want to add 1/4 cup of aloe vera juice, gel, whatever term you use. 

Soak the plugs for a few minutes in this tea and you won't be wasting anything because you can apply the excess to your mature plants. 

Take the plugs and gently squeeze them - not to get them dry but to remove the excess water. You want damp but not like mud as far as water. 

Put these in seedling trays that fit in a standard domed seedling tray. The goal is to avoid the leaves of one plant touching another and you want to avoid touching the inside of the dome. 

When you take your cuts use a fresh single-edge razor blade. At the very least if you're using a used one then wipe it off with alcohol before taking your cuts. 

Take your cuttings and soak them in the tea that you made for the plugs. Take a bamboo kabob stick and on the flat-end and not the point, turn your plugs upside down and make a new

hole which will insure that the tea in the plug makes good contact with the cutting's shaft. 

After you place the cuttings in the plugs then you want to spray the inside of the dome until you see the water beading-up. To the extent possible you want to maintain that moisture level.

Don't spray the cuttings because it's a good way to introduce mold and other problems. 

Put them under a shop-light if nothing else, The inexpensive T5 lights at Home Depot (around $50.00) are better but you'll do fine with shop-lights. 

Both kelp meal and aloe vera juice contain the 3 main rooting compounds found in retail products but of course they're synthetic versions and this will be straight from the plant - salicylic

acid (SA), indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) and indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) which are probably in the rooting compound you have. 

The one that you will find in retail products that is not part of this is Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NAA) which is also used as a pesticide approved by EPA, i.e. it's a registered agricultural-grade pesticide. 

Some good info here. Cheers for sharing. I will try that if I'm having bad luck. So how do you do it exactly? Pour some fulvic acid solution into an air-tight container with water and then add the seed? How much ml of each do you put in roughly?

no worries 

your soaking the seed in a solution of fulvic acid & water , you mix 1ml to every 100ml of water you use to fill

a glass , container , whatever , i prefer glass myself , no need to cover just put in a dark warm = def not hot spot 

& use a teaspoon to remove the cracked seed , i don't wait for the tap root to emerge , as soon as it cracks

into a peat root it plug to let the tap root push through something & not fresh air or water , won't be a prob if it dose 

just what i prefer 

& use good fulvic , i use this stuff , 

http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/products/humates/fast-fulvic or OS https://www.amazon.com/BioAg-Ful-Power-Plant-Nutrient-quart/dp/B00CJJ7B16

i think that got it all , just yell out , if ya need