Are my buds overdry?

Hey guys im drying my buds currently and they feel really dry on the outside kind of feel crunchy is my description if that makes sense, im hoping there basically right on curing because if they go much longer they may disintegrate haha the bottom branches actually snapped today but all the other branches bend so from what i read the breaking branches means ots done but the bending branches feel ready basically any tips

You only pulled these s couple of days ago didnt you? If so and there a bit crispy it might need a slightly cooler spot to dry. Its a bit tricky but if the outside is crispy and the branch is snapping its time for the jar. But your bigger buds would still be wet in the middle. Its like cooking a roast if its to hot you burn the outside but the middle is still raw. You want them dry but not to dry so maybe the smaller buds could go in a jar but give the bigger ones a few days. And try get a cooler spot for drying.

When it's like that I cut the buds off and put them into a big enough sealed container .

That way the moisture from the soft inner stems comes out into the already dry outer parts of the buds

Usually all the remaining moister is evened out by next day .

If it's still to damp just leave lid off for a bit and redo.

If you've gone too far and it's all brittle ,put in a little wet tissue ,and close lid it will get humid and dry bud will absorb moisture.

Or instead of tissue just give a quick fine spray of water and close lid

Thanks guys the bigger buds feel crunchy on thr outside but are a little wetter on the inside i have jarred the lower branches that were dryer but would adding the bigger ones in woth the drier smaller ones kind of work to my advantage as they hold sligjtly more moisture so could they work as my humidity to moisten up the smaller buds? Or should i leave them hang another day or 2?

Also i squeezed all the buds the smaller ones are pretty dry but the medium ones are dry but if i really squeeze them together theres some moistire left in the middle and they smell and are sticky when i squeeze them are they pretty good to go in the jar ? Im guessing they sound oretty close

Pretty*

In the past I've had similar issues, with the outsides crunchy but the stems still moist and flexible.

The problem I had was that the buds were dried too quickly, if you jar them up now you'll end up with a nice harvest of mould imo

How are you drying them??

I initially had mine hung in a shed and the shed heated up too much during the day taking all of the moisture out of the air exposed bud, but nothing was being drawn out from inside.

Drying needs to be a slowly, slowly process.

To remedy this I bought a cheap clothes airer from Cheap as Chips and hang the buds on this inside the house rather than the shed. This had the result of slowing down the evaporation from the surface of the buds and allowed the moisture from within to work its way out.

Another option is to remove as much of the moist internal timber (stems) as possible, almost to the point of manicuring the bud. Then line a matte finished corrugated cardboard box with news paper and place the buds in it. It needs to be matte finished and not shiny. The shiny boxes have a plastic coating over the outside, this plastic stops the cardboard from breathing and will encourage mould. The matte boxes allow the moisture to be absorbed into the inner corrugation and evaporate through the outside surfaces. I use the boxes that my component stereo came in, they are a decent size and allow me to spread the buds out in the bottom of the boxes. Don't pile the buds up or you'll be defeating the process and the moisture will not dissipate. Something like this post-24238-0-04467400-1488963891_thumb.jpg

So that's what I do.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Thanks for the write up, i appreciate the effort well i did what you did hung it in the shed its pretty dry on the outside but the inside is still moist, and i had a fan blowing air on it,it wasnt right on it but it was definately getting the fan and because it was on string and the fan was getting it, it was spinning around so ot was kind of evenly drying it i guess also the reason for the fan, was because im in a very humid area like 80-100 percent so i needed the fan to prevent definate mould growing, i cut all my plant i have 2 jars for it so i can half it so theres enough head room for air circulation or i can just leave the lids open would that be ok to dry the buds a little more if they are getting to humid in the jars?