Best place in Australia to live and grow?

Hey pug1010..Yep i know where that is..When we first moved to Oz in the 80s we moved to yeppoon ..Not to far really from the town you mention..The only thing i don't like about central qld is the floods..We had a lot of floods and cyclones if I remember correctly..Oh and snakes..We had a few browns and red bellys around our house but i guess you can get that anywhere in Oz basically ..Pretty scary as a lil kid but lots of adventures and exploring the rainforests and creeks without a second thought about what could bite and kill us.ey s

Hiya smj :)

Your concerns are definitely valid ... floods, cyclones, snakes, spiders, sharks and stingers and it's not hard to get burnt in 10 minutes at the wrong time of day or year. 

In any case ... I hope you find a suitable place and reckon the search will be worth it.

Have a good day mate. :)

Hiya smj :)

Your concerns are definitely valid ... floods, cyclones, snakes, spiders, sharks and stingers and it's not hard to get burnt in 10 minutes at the wrong time of day or year.

In any case ... I hope you find a suitable place and reckon the search will be worth it.

Have a good day mate. :)

Thanks and cheers, you too

When I was a lot younger I drove right around Australia with my fiance. Glad I did it but wouldn't do it twice and don't recommend it to anyone. The Nullarbor was deadly boring. Driving around western Australia was almost a complete waste of money. Bunbury south of Perth was awesome. They have a dolphin centre there and I was lucky enough to see a couple and dived in to swim with them. It was freezing and I wore my jeans etc. We might have left soon after but went for a walk along the beach and saw this fat middle aged guy swimming along the shoreline and a dolphin was following him. I pointed it out to the bloke and he replied that it followed him every morning. Then he splashed water in its face and it made an excited clicking noise. Me and my wife to be were gobsmacked. That would be a nice place to live. Better than Monkey Mia up north of there. They only let you in knee deep to feed the dolphins. The Bunbury dolphins weren't fed at all. We went whale shark swimming at Exmouth. That was surreal. But there wasn't much ese along the coast and a lot of driving means a lot of petrol. Darwin was friendly and Katherine had beautiful hot springs. Encountered a couple more of those in Queensland towards the end of the trip. Kakadu was nice. I think the aborigines now own some of the best land up north so us poor white fellows need permits to see the best sites. Mackay was really nice. Idyllic. Wouldn't have minded staying there longer. Along the east coast Tin Can Bay is nice. Byron Bay ofcourse but its gotten a bit touristy. Nimbin is alright to visit but has filled up with crackheads. Albury has nice paddle steamers. Never been to Tas and lived in the cities mostly when I was down NSW and Vic. I now live a few hours west of Brisbane off the grid and on an acreage full of trees. I wouldn't call it heaven but its better than living in the city and I do enjoy the seclusion, peace and freedom.

South Queensland is good...You just have to be ready for cyclones...floods...heat waves...Snakes...spiders...Pigs (feral and the local constabulary). But all that aside...You can grow 10 months a year...the sun is awesome...the bush is awesome...plenty of rain...Sativas seem to love the climate here....Sorry I've had a few with my morning coffee...It sounded well thought out and articulate in the head  :twitchsmile: