Best place in Australia to live and grow?

So can i walk along my beech and pick up and use that seaweed? Do you wash it with fresh water and dry or can i put it in my compost bin?

My neighbour collects seaweed from the beach, dries it out and mulches it with his other garden waste. His vegies and fruit trees love it. Washes it first to get any salt off it.

nice one ... sounds like a wicked brew.:) If you compost it for a while ... it will be great stuff.:) might get a bit on the nose though ... lol.

just remember if you are using worms that they are not into fish ... they would love the cow shit though. Also ... try to find out what the cows have been treated with or eaten ... if they are being regularly treated for worms and other crap in their diet ... you might want to avoid it, as it won't help your soil at all.

Hi smj81 :)

Great topic ... it has really got me thinking.

If you wanted to head up north (and all that involves), there is a little township called Agnes Water in Queensland that is very relaxed and probably one of the more tolerant cannabis communities I've seen. It is in between Bundy and Gladstone and off the Bruce Hwy (about an hour). They get a nice mix of backpackers (the ones who are still into travelling), relaxed locals and of course, the normal capos looking to make a quid at all costs.

Things were quite reasonably priced ... at least they were not too long ago - rent, etc. There is a primary school there and I think they might now have a secondary school to grade 10. It's a lovely spot and doesn't get too hot, but you still get the reef and surf - not howling surf, but not bad. lol ... I managed a nice closet grow of blueberry and mako haze in a rental there without too many dramas. There is a range of places to live and I know a few people living off the grid up there, without any hassles. Just a heads up though ... I'm a renter, but if you are looking to buy ... best to be a little a way from the beach, as the closer you are the more outrageous the rates get ... at least that's what I was told. They seem okay a couple of blocks from the beach though.

Edited by pug1010

Hi smj81 :)

Great topic ... it has really got me thinking.

If you wanted to head up north (and all that involves), there is a little township called Agnes Water in Queensland that is very relaxed and probably one of the more tolerant cannabis communities I've seen. It is in between Bundy and Gladstone and off the Bruce Hwy (about an hour). They get a nice mix of backpackers (the ones who are still into travelling), relaxed locals and of course, the normal capos looking to make a quid.

Things were quite reasonably priced ... at least they were not too long ago - rent, etc. There is a primary school there and I think they might now have a secondary school to grade 10. It's a lovely spot and doesn't get too hot, but you still get the reef and surf - not howling surf, but not bad. lol ... I managed a nice closet grow of blueberry and mako haze in a rental there without too many dramas.

Hey pug1010..Yep i know where that is..When we first moved to Oz in the 80s we moved to yeppoon ..Not to far really from the town you mention..The only thing i don't like about central qld is the floods..We had a lot of floods and cyclones if I remember correctly..Oh and snakes..We had a few browns and red bellys around our house but i guess you can get that anywhere in Oz basically ..Pretty scary as a lil kid but lots of adventures and exploring the rainforests and creeks without a second thought about what could bite and kill us.