GLR - Does anyone use this light schedule?

I've done it and it worked well..back to 18/6 now though as I was paranoid about the extra pressure on timers

It only involves one extra on/off cycle per day so probably not a big additional stress for the classical 12/12 plus one hour on around midnight GLS and saving about 30% off your lighting power bill will more than pay for a new one every now and again -  the bottom feeder arlec ones are about $25 for a pair at bunnings - I haven't seen a timer fail yet and all my indoor grows have used the gas lantern schedule for veg although I'm relatively new to this game.

Most importantly, all my clones and vegging sativas seem happy and roots are rampant in coco/perlite hempy buckets. They transition to flower really fast. As I understand it this is a well established greenhouse method for other photoperiod flowering plants and it saves some electricity without appearing to do any harm in my limited experience. Definitely worth a try if your electricity bill is getting you down. Less heat load in the veg tent too.

Edited by doctor_nelson