Grow Tent Basic Set up 4 Dummies

Hey Coast

yea, 600 watts of light should see ya right in that space. Here's a link that might help ya work it out. http://www.cannaversity.com/calculators/lighting_result.php

You'll need an intake fan and a circulation fan. The circulation fan will help reduce pockets of stale air that can cause mould around buds. The intake fan is to exchange the air in your space. Whether you use it as an intake fan (blowin air in) or an exhaust fan(sucking air out) doesn't matter. I have no fan on my exhaust, its passive. But the fan is on my intake vent, blowing fresh air in.

Serrated says you need a pH meter. I disagree. I use a single drop pH test kit with a test tube, accurate every time. I've used electronic testers and they both died giving me false readings. Personally I'd save money on the pH test and spend it on a Truncheon EC/PPM salt meter. Why Truncheon? they last. I've had mine 15+yrs.

In answer to your question:

DWC=Deep Water Culture, but for this setup you need to keep your fluid cool. Some people run cooling units to do so.

RTW= Run to waste, you can go thru a fair bit of nutrient mix, but you can hand water and no need for pumps and tubs.

Recirc=recirculation where you have a tub of nutrient mix and a pump, you pump the nutrient mix to the top of the pot. It drains down to the bottom and returns back to the tub. This can be setup to be automated with timers.

Every grower has their own fav method, depending on $$$ and ease of use mainly

Hope that explains it a bit.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Hey Coast

yea, 600 watts of light should see ya right in that space. Here's a link that might help ya work it out. http://www.cannaversity.com/calculators/lighting_result.php

You'll need an intake fan and a circulation fan. The circulation fan will help reduce pockets of stale air that can cause mould around buds. The intake fan is to exchange the air in your space. Whether you use it as an intake fan (blowin air in) or an exhaust fan(sucking air out) doesn't matter. I have no fan on my exhaust, its passive. But the fan is on my intake vent, blowing fresh air in.

Serrated says you need a pH meter. I disagree. I use a single drop pH test kit with a test tube, accurate every time. I've used electronic testers and they both died giving me false readings. Personally I'd save money on the pH test and spend it on a Truncheon EC/PPM salt meter. Why Truncheon? they last. I've had mine 15+yrs.

In answer to your question:

DWC=Deep Water Culture, but for this setup you need to keep your fluid cool. Some people run cooling units to do so.

RTW= Run to waste, you can go thru a fair bit of nutrient mix, but you can hand water and no need for pumps and tubs.

Recirc=recirculation where you have a tub of nutrient mix and a pump, you pump the nutrient mix to the top of the pot. It drains down to the bottom and returns back to the tub. This can be setup to be automated with timers.

Every grower has their own fav method, depending on $$$ and ease of use mainly

Hope that explains it a bit.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Thank you Merl1n that's exactly what I needed to read

Thank you Merl1n that's exactly what I needed to read

No worries, always here to help. We all had to start somewhere Coast and it's better to come in here and ask us rather than make the same cockups we did, so ask away. Learn from us

And I'm always here to help a fellow countryman lol (shhhh or someone will start with the sheep jokes lol )

I got the Mars hydro tent 1.45x1.45x2m, good quality! And thought it was too big for a noobs first indoor so I got the Mars hydro tent .70x.70x1.60cm just for 1 or 2 plants and do a full grow cycle then use it as a veg tent!

Good luck coaststylz

Bogan, These are just over 2 weeks old from the day i soaked the seeds, grown under CREE LED's

post-2209-0-17874900-1488608693_thumb.jpg

post-2209-0-78674700-1488608716_thumb.jpg

Hello all so finally after 2 months of sourcing equipment and researching how to grow, my grow set up looks something like this for 4 plants

Homelab GT 1.2X 1.2X2.0m

I was given a free 400w HPS looking at adding supplementary LED lighting to achieve 600w ?

CanFan 100mm

Silencer

4x 11l Fabric pots

pH testing kit

3m insulated ducting is this enough?

Couple of noise reducing clips

Timer

Hang ups for light

Hygrometer

Going to use an organic soil from Bunnings and now to set it all up...may the GT Gods watch over me!