Ventilation help .... Dual exhaust outlet for 1 tent?

hi there people, beginner here and first time poster looking for some help in regards to ventilation.  Getting really high temps recently as i have changed from lumatek 600s to gavita 600s due to RF interference. As i predicted  due to loss in height  , im experiencing temps in the low 40s where i was in the low-mid 30s . before. A friend has recommended that i use another exhaust outlet from the other side of the tent and join them back together out side the tent. My Question is....... Will this technique help bring the temp down? im a little sceptical as its still only using the one  8" isomax , but then what do i know? just looking for a bit on theory to get my small brain around it. thanks in advance.

Pic of your setup might be good, how big is your tent? is your light air cooled? I usually would suggest getting a decent exhaust fan, put a Y on it and draw through both cooltube and exhaust of your tent at the same time. are you exhausting back into the same room which your intake comes from as that will also contribute to the problem. You can run up to 1k HPS in a 4x4 if you manage the heat ok. 

2x2x2  tent

8" isomax out exhaust

6" hyperfan in

3 x 600 gavita e series

exhaust and intake . come from outside the house. so isnt heating up the same room.

my house is only 5 years and traps the daily sun very well. which doesnt help.

thanks

Maxx i think i see your problem, the 8" Isomax is 900m3 per hour the 6" Hyper Fan is 535m3 per hour

your carbon filter would reduce the Isomax's output but i think your intake Hyper Fan is your problem, the Hyper Fan will be limiting your exhaust output from the Isomax to 535m3 per hour or there abouts, think of it this way u can only suck out as much air as your blowing in to an area or allowing to be sucked in thru x amount of sized inlet

if u upgrade your intake fan to a 8" Isomax just put it on a speed controller and run the intake fan at 80-85% capacity and run your exhaust at 100% capacity you'll find your ventilation problems will be solved, since your running a filter your fans will be at about equal capacity

Edited by Gazza2001au

I was also thinking the intake fan.  Before forking out on another intake fan I would suggest trying just a passive intake.  I run a 200mm exhaust on a smaller tent with 2x600's, with a passive intake, and have never found it necessary to even put the speed controller up to half way, so I'm struggling to see how it couldn't cope with yours with a passive intake.  I used to have 1 duct coming in from outside using some silk screen printing mesh for a filter in the bottom corner and the CF at the opposite top corner, no problems.  Last time I put 2 ducts in at opposite bottom corners and the CF at top centre, also works well.  You do have to make sure your intake duct is at least as big as your exhaust, that your intake is low and exhaust high, preferably with good cross flow to keep fresh air circulating through the whole tent.

I used to run the same setup with a 6 inch Hyper Fan, and that also did the job, so you might have other heat issues besides exhaust.

well long story short:

1/ it would cutout my internet every time they switched on.

2/ bring my internet speed down from 13mbps to 2-3 mbps

3/ fuck with all my neighbours internet and AM radio

4/ when talking to the telstra techs , they were able to tell me that there was a serious interference in my house over the phone.

5/ had to lie to them and say it was my studio equipment etc.

Internet down to 2.3 mbps, fuck me, if mine got up even close to that it would be a dream come true, don't think I've even had it hit 1.5 at the best and quietest point of the day, usually 0.6 is good.  I think I'd have an aneurysm if we ever got 13, rural internet rules :D

Someone else recently posted an experience with Lumatek Dig ballasts where they got that level of interference, but only when they had 3 or more running at the same time from memory.  I've got 1 Lumatek dimmable 600w, and have never had the slightest issue with it on that front.