First time grower

dpac

Ok so dump my whole resevoir and add water which has been ph appropriately.

Do i add anythinh to the water at first like peroxide or bud link etc? Or just straight water.

And i will water every 2 hours for 15 mins

After 24 hours sould i make a new mix adding all the chemicals with a low ec level and adjust it daily or as i feel they han take it

Ps what a great website cheers fir the help i would be lost without you guys

You can add hydrogen peroxide, it'll only kill all bacteria. Good idea to do it if you don't know what temp your reservoir is. If you are adding anything with a beneficial bacteria in it though the peroxide will destroy them too, so obvs don't use in conjunction

I'll also add you can get away without nutes for a while. They're too small to need much of anything

Edited by Tunkers
  • Upvote 1

You don't NEED to add anything to flush, and 24 hrs isn't absolutely necessary for hydroton, just running the pump non stop for an hour or 2 should do it nicely, or better still run it 20 min, dump and refill, run again, etc until the starting EC of your PH'd water doesn't rise, but only if you feel like that much work.

Recirc can mean a couple of things, but flood and drain means filling from the bottom up to a set height near the top and then returning to the res while the pump keeps running, and then draining back out the bottom when the pump turns off.  My favourite hydro method, but recirc with top feed and draining out the bottom works well too.

Just an update guys to show that you guys were on the money i though tjey guy in the hydro shop would have known better you guys have saved the ladies.

attachicon.gif20170303_185802attachicon.gif20170303_185808

Glad your seedlings have pulled thru i gave a few thumbs up to members with very good advice thoughout the thread

the guy at the hydro shop just assumes all customers have a little bit of knowledge its kind of like a 17 year old buying there first brand new car they jump in it and take it down the highway at 110kph keeping a steady speed...

the chart the shop gave u is only used if u know what your doing and u have a system down pat and u know the plants can handle it, seedlings are delicate to food i use to allow mine to grow 2 nodes before i would introduce any food but i took advice recently by guys on here and started 1/5th dose and it has sped up my veg time where as before i would wait untill my seedlings were bigger before introducing them to 1/4th nutes

Thanks for the advice gazza i have learnt fone my misteaks they are doing brilliant tunkers ill add some pics just now. I now have the ec level at .9 ill slowly raise it and see how they react to it ive been really monitoring them. I still cant believe how your guys advice was so effective

post-59715-148890226483_thumb.jpeg

post-59715-148890231358_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the advice gazza i have learnt fone my misteaks they are doing brilliant tunkers ill add some pics just now. I now have the ec level at .9 ill slowly raise it and see how they react to it ive been really monitoring them. I still cant believe how your guys advice was so effective

attachicon.gif20170307_235311

attachicon.gif20170307_235307

Now your on the ball :) glad u took in the advice given and u recovered these little girls, that is a neat little set up u have going there