Can you exhaust into the same room the grow tent is in?

it's totally fine but it will eventually start to heat up the room and if the room doesn't get good air circulation the air will get hotter and hotter. I was doing this but once I started venting out the window the temps dropped a fair bit and think my plant is happier in the lower temps, especially on hot 40C-ish days your grow tent air might be 45C or more. If you got AC in your grow room that's a whole different story though. 

Hey Stoners,

Was just wondering if you can exhaust the air from a tent through a cooltube with HPS light out into the same room the tent is in?

Is it too dangerous or what precautions should be taken if it is possible?

Yes it is how i do it some times because punching a hole in the wall or roof isn't allowed, just make sure the bedroom door is open or u connect your exhaust ducting to a vent on the door

if u leave the bedroom door open place your fans on the floor or ceiling pointing so they blow out thru the door this will create a suction ie: fan on floor fresh air will be sucked in above the air being blow out at the bottom

if u want to run a closed off grow room u can introduce your girls to the wonderful Co2 but its another cost u need to factor in plus the health hazard if u gas your self out

Where's your intake coming from??

My intake atm is passive but there is a small vent on the wall of the room abit bigger than a computer fan that goes to outside so was thinkin about connecting a computer fan with duct to it and using the outside air to ventilate the room, do you think that could be a good idea?

Ahhh not really, no.

Those small wall vents are there to prevent moisture build up within the wall cavity, helps prevent mould, it ain't gonna be big enough to vent your growspace.

You need to exchange all of the air within your space, pushing all of that into the wall cavity won't work imo. It'll cause you more difficulties, again imo.

You need fresh air in and stale air out.

Years ago I had a portable airconditioner. It came with a window vent, a strip piece of plastic with an oval cut in it, you'd place it on the window sill and close the window down on it, making a seal. Ducting could then be attached to the oval to vent the heat from the a/c (the backend of a/c systems get pretty bloody hot). You can buy window vents just like it from a/c wholesalers for portable a/c's. A window vent like that would give you access for your exhaust.

If you are recirculating your air (not much fresh air from outside in your grow room), pay a bit extra and get a good carbon filter that uses premium carbon, as any coal dust from the carbon filter will be recirculated around your grow area/room/house. Basically, it is not good stuff to breath in, as it ranges from 1 - 100 microns in size (1 - 10 microns is some really nasty stuff). This is not a concern when exhausting outside ... but can be a big deal in a recirculating system.

Also, before using your carbon filter, make sure to put it on the blower side of the fan for 5 minutes or so ... that will blow out any loose carbon/coal dust that has become dislodged during travel - it's good to do this outside. I get a bit anal here and then vacuum the inside of the carbon filter after blowing. :) I would strongly suggest doing a bit of research here and find out which filter company uses Australian activated coal - I can tell you that the Can Original Filters use coal from China. Also, try to get thermally activated rather than chemically activated coal. If a company will not tell you where they get their coal/carbon from and how it was activated ... don't buy it - from my experience, when a company uses good stuff, it will be on all their marketing material. Made in " ... " will not affect where the coal is sourced ... see Can Filter Original again i.e. made in Canada ... coal from China (their Can-Lite range does use Australian activated coal though ... lol ... but you would have to search very hard to find any mention of where the coal is sourced in their Original range.)

Realised I just dished Can Filters a bit, which was not my intent, as I do like the company and people who work there. In my case, I bought an Original Filter assuming that the 'Australian' carbon mentioned on their page was actually in all their filters. Since buying, I have chatted with them (they are located close by) and they were very upfront when asked directly about the source of their carbon. Just one of those situations when I should have researched a bit more thoroughly.

hope this helps

Edited by pug1010

Ahhh not really, no.

Those small wall vents are there to prevent moisture build up within the wall cavity, helps prevent mould, it ain't gonna be big enough to vent your growspace.

You need to exchange all of the air within your space, pushing all of that into the wall cavity won't work imo. It'll cause you more difficulties, again imo.

You need fresh air in and stale air out.

Years ago I had a portable airconditioner. It came with a window vent, a strip piece of plastic with an oval cut in it, you'd place it on the window sill and close the window down on it, making a seal. Ducting could then be attached to the oval to vent the heat from the a/c (the backend of a/c systems get pretty bloody hot). You can buy window vents just like it from a/c wholesalers for portable a/c's. A window vent like that would give you access for your exhaust.

Thanks for the advice Merl1n,

I would try the window vent but the window is at the front of the house so it would cause attention etc.Sorry I didnt really explain myself properly, with the small wall vent I meant would it be a good idea to attach a computer fan (with about a foot of ducting each inlet/outlet side) just to pull even the slightest bit of outside air inside the room so it cools it down even a tiny bit so the room isnt completely full of hot/stale air or wont light up on infra red as much?

it heats up the room in winter, i ran them in my house heaps of times like that

I dont think there are any risks or precautions 

Cheers Carnage,

So what about in summer? Did you use any methods to cool down the room at all?

Yes it is how i do it some times because punching a hole in the wall or roof isn't allowed, just make sure the bedroom door is open or u connect your exhaust ducting to a vent on the door

if u leave the bedroom door open place your fans on the floor or ceiling pointing so they blow out thru the door this will create a suction ie: fan on floor fresh air will be sucked in above the air being blow out at the bottom

if u want to run a closed off grow room u can introduce your girls to the wonderful Co2 but its another cost u need to factor in plus the health hazard if u gas your self out

Haha so true I'll have to admit its tempting to cut a hole in the roof lol Cheers Gazza, I might have to give the Co2 a miss cos I can see myself gassing myself out lol so did you use have to use something to cool down the house on hot days or when the house got really hot?

Edited by Oscar420