Flushing - Your Input Would be Greatly Appreciated!

Hi everyone.

First time poster here - I am glad to have found a like-minded Aussie community, and I think it will be an appropriate place to gain some insight regarding my situation and also to give others advice wherever possible.

To keep it short, I have a girl that was planted directly into soil. No pot, no liquid nutrients at all. The soil is rich with nutrients, as the garden bed was laid with kilos and kilos of wood-chips amongst other waste product underneath, several years ago - to this day I still chuck in whatever waste product I can. To give you an idea, the soil is very compact, well-watered (with bore water), thick and black. Healthiest girl I've ever had, absolutely zero deficiencies. Completely took me by surprise - to say I'm proud of her is an understatement. Up until this point I had always grown in pots so this is a bit of a learning curve for me. I know I'm going a bit off-topic, but the best advice I can give is to just take care of your soil guys! Your girls are more than capable of taking care of themselves if you can facilitate their growth with healthy soil. =]

However, I think we all know the importance of correctly flushing, drying, and curing the final product.

Which leads me to my query; how should I go about flushing her? I'm assuming I should just turn the retic off, get underneath her and flush her using a gardening can. I'm just not sure how I should go about this - how many times/day, how long to do this for, etc etc.

Any input would be much appreciated! I plan on uploading pictures of the whole growing process (and the final product of course) once the whole process is over (after having stripped EXIF data & metadata - I'd advise anybody to do this if they are going to upload pictures).

Thanks very much for reading guys. Peace.  :afro:

What I would do in your circumstance is just to water with plain PHed water (same amount of water as you usually feed them with) until you start to see the autumn/fall colours start to appear on the fan leaves which usually are yellow sometimes purplish colours and that might take a week or two to happen. Peace

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners