Air Pots/Rocket Pots

I'm going to get 1L pots, and then probably straight to 10-11L pots, and that should be big enough to flower for smallish plants, not growing monsters. These are the Aussie made ones and prices a lot cheaper than ebay or online, and no postage.

I got myself some of the 1.5ltr pots off eBay today, only cause some guy in this thread said he was sexing his plants in these size pots which got to 11 nodes!!!

Anyway here's the thread

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/58160-Air-pot-/-Rocket-Pot-worth-using-?

I got myself some of the 1.5ltr pots off eBay today, only cause some guy in this thread said he was sexing his plants in these size pots which got to 11 nodes!!!

Anyway here's the thread

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/58160-Air-pot-/-Rocket-Pot-worth-using-?

I ended up getting a mix of those 1.5L square ones and the 8L round ones, I wasn't as big of a fan of the smaller ones, I found too much coco washed out the sides when watering but that might come good once the coco settles a bit more.

I just transplanted into the 8L one for the first time last night out of a smaller starter pot and so far so good. Might end up going up to 12 or 16L before flowering as I think 8L is still a bit small to flower in.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

A bit late to the discussion here... but I have grown in coco in both rocket pots and also in a home-made version (11L buckets with holes drilled in the sides and base).  The home made version did not perform as well as the bought ones.  

I achieved yields of around 1.5g/Watt under 315W LEC in said rocket pots.  I can't say how much of the good yield is attributable to the pots vs how much to my green thumb though  :P lol

The rocket pots do dry out quicker, but that might be perceived as a benefit - more frequent wet to dry cycle might result in increased nutrient uptake by the plant and hence quicker growth (this is only a theory of mine).

I've also grown in the fabric pots which don't seem quite as good as the rocket pots but I've not compared side by side in a grow so this is pure conjecture.

attachicon.gifIMG_5670.PNG

the only problem with them is the price my 26L (i think) cost me $25 each, but can order them from china for $0.68c each, problem is i have to order 500 or more..[emoji848][emoji848][emoji52] could make a killing selling the rest at $5 a piece[emoji23]

Agree the biggest downside is price, but at least they can be re-used many times. I would go halves in an order that size, haha. I think I paid about $4 each for the 1.5L and about $9 for the 8L pots.

I don't think I would use them if I was growing hundreds of plants but for a few at a time seems to be worth it for the benefits, you could spend more on additives which will help you out less in the long run.