Bringing a Grinder on a Plane

never used grinder, never used scissors.

fingers.

that's how people are in Cali - they all (slight exaggeration) use their fingers to tear up the buds, grinders are used but not too often

I love my grinders, strong preference for the metal ones... I got mine from the Ozstoners shop...

Used the coffee grinder too, for many years, 

Scissors, yup they are sitting next to me

id never seen a grinder until last year and someone bought one over. I remember when I was young some of the bogans used scissors, but me and my friends never did, just fingers.

Also we grew thumb and pointer finger nail a little longer for plant tipping, pruning etc.

And for playing guitar ;)

Yeah, I'm currently in Cali but a handful of my mates use grinders. Good to hear I'm not losing any value of my bud by going the fingertip-scissor route. My friends mean well but they can get started on some stupid shit lol I think I'll still get a grinder for the convenience but maybe just go back to scissors when I'm back in Melbourne. So, plastic's no good, I found some cheap metal herb grinder options on this site here in the US but I don't know how to tell if its quality. Definitely don't want to end up smoking aluminum shavings or anything. Is there any telltale way to tell the type and quality of the metal without contacting the site directly? 

Yeah, I'm currently in Cali but a handful of my mates use grinders. Good to hear I'm not losing any value of my bud by going the fingertip-scissor route. My friends mean well but they can get started on some stupid shit lol I think I'll still get a grinder for the convenience but maybe just go back to scissors when I'm back in Melbourne. So, plastic's no good, I found some cheap metal herb grinder options on this site here in the US but I don't know how to tell if its quality. Definitely don't want to end up smoking aluminum shavings or anything. Is there any telltale way to tell the type and quality of the metal without contacting the site directly? 

check the link i posted before, I've tried lots of plastic and metal grinders and now i wouldn't go anything less than the 'space case' brand - it's $20usd as well