SCROG an Auto?

Has anyone seen a thread floating around or perhaps u may have done a SCROG with a auto plant? tossing it out there hopping someone has tried it.. I'm growing Red Poison from Sweet Seeds and they claim it will grow between 60cm and 1.2 meters

i know a lot depends on how big auto's make it but i am a confident seasoned grower, 60cm would be plenty to fill a net with 3 plants and an area 90x50cm

hopefully someone has pictures that would be great, i was originally going X-Mass tree style but my light is all in one housing so i wont be able to adjust for smaller plants

i may need to google some pictures

what's others thoughts on SCROG'ing an auto flowering plant?

Yes.

LST, or SCROG, but definitely do one as it works brilliantly on auto's.  You don't have long to arrange your SCROG, and timing when to let them go up may take a little experience to get perfect, but they respond to the training very well and it increases yield and quality of lower buds.  I usually just LST them out of convenience, but I SCROG'ed 3 last winter and it went brilliantly despite an extremely half arsed effort on my part :D

Yes.

LST, or SCROG, but definitely do one as it works brilliantly on auto's.  You don't have long to arrange your SCROG, and timing when to let them go up may take a little experience to get perfect, but they respond to the training very well and it increases yield and quality of lower buds.  I usually just LST them out of convenience, but I SCROG'ed 3 last winter and it went brilliantly despite an extremely half arsed effort on my part :D

I donno how i would LST i am using fabric pots, do auto's respond to being tipped?

Edited by Chrystal

I donno how i would LST i am using fabric pots, do auto's respond to being tipped?

ive seen people use these small round safety pin things to attach to fabric pots and then u can attach ur twisty tie to them. u can get a pack of 50 delivered for under $5 on eBay (come from overseas tho), if ur interested search eBay for "black coated small safety pins"

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yes.

strain dependent

many autos prefer to grow straight up for higher yield.

Opinion seems to be slightly divided on this one, but most are like me and believe it's not generally a good idea.  Considering LST has a similar effect without causing shock to a plant with little time for recovery, I see that as the safer option. 

strain dependent

many autos prefer to grow straight up for higher yield.

Good point Carn, some do like to grow mainly a single cola rather than branching.  None that I've grown are like that, but I know they're out there.

I've seen some massive auto grows on dutch passion site, this one is probably the biggest i've seen that I can remember. I also came across it researching airpot grows. 500g+ from one auto.

https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/news-and-development/autoultimate-grow-review-huge-cannabis-home-grow-with-soil-and-LED

Has got me more interested in trying out auto's, i've even read you can grow auto's under 24 hour light. I would have a look through their website they have a lot of info. 

Here is one where they use scrog technique. 

https://www.dutch-passion.com/en/news-and-development/think-different-316g-harvest-from-3-plants-by-hazy/