Medicinal marijuana sale approved by Federal Government

Haven't they only essentially made it legal for multimillion dollar companies to make money dealing weed to sick people. Probably at an exorbitant price undoubtedly. And only after you've forked out some money to a doctor first, to say your allowed to use cannabis medicinally. Undoubtedly the government will make their cut somehow also. I listened to ABC radio all day rather intently and at no point did I hear any mention about patients being legally allowed to grow their own medicine. You will have to buy it from the very people (Pharma companies) who have funded all the biased anti cannabis studies to keep it illegal to protect their Pharmaceutical profits for so long. 

wont be long till we can grow

ammendments are made from here on in

• Upvote 1

wont be long till we can grow

ammendments are made from here on in

I like your optimism, but don't necessarily share it. Australia is so far behind the US, Europe and Britain in regards to marijuana use it's farcical. Colorado is opening its first 'drive-thru' dispensary next month.....and we have only just approved very limited medical use.

It will be years before the individual States in Australia will even get around to drafting appropriate legislation around the cultivation, sale and use for medicinal purposes.

Recreational use and legal home-grows are still a long, long way away IMO.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I like your optimism, but don't necessarily share it. Australia is so far behind the US, Europe and Britain in regards to marijuana use it's farcical. Colorado is opening its first 'drive-thru' dispensary next month.....and we have only just approved very limited medical use.

It will be years before the individual States in Australia will even get around to drafting appropriate legislation around the cultivation, sale and use for medicinal purposes.

Recreational use and legal home-grows are still a long, long way away IMO.

How long did it take the US to get from where we are now to where they are today?

How long did it take the US to get from where we are now to where they are today?

Don't know the exact timeframe, but marijuana was DECRIMINALISED in the US in 2013. We are a long way from reaching that point.

Some US growers and seedbanks have been operating since the late 90's.

Even the US is lagging behind Europe and Canada in some respects.

We are way behind the 8-ball.

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just continuing to be a cynical old bastard, but I thought it was already legal under the Fed legislation, and from what I can make out this is just supposed to speed up the process of importation, and nothing else about that legislation is changed????  In which case, by my limited understanding, it's still only pharma products that can be imported, prescribed, and used under the Fed Bill, which limits the States to the same????

Somebody tell me I'm wrong, and then I'll get a little excited.

:peace:

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just continuing to be a cynical old bastard, but I thought it was already legal under the Fed legislation, and from what I can make out this is just supposed to speed up the process of importation, and nothing else about that legislation is changed???? In which case, by my limited understanding, it's still only pharma products that can be imported, prescribed, and used under the Fed Bill, which limits the States to the same????

Ya wrong.

Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm just continuing to be a cynical old bastard, but I thought it was already legal under the Fed legislation, and from what I can make out this is just supposed to speed up the process of importation, and nothing else about that legislation is changed????  In which case, by my limited understanding, it's still only pharma products that can be imported, prescribed, and used under the Fed Bill, which limits the States to the same????

Pretty much how i see it hashy, all the red tape is still in place in regards to being approved.

It just makes it a lil faster to get ya hands on once you have been given the ok from state and fed levels to import it for your med use...

Ya wrong.

Can you quote a passage in the legislation that permits anything other than products that meet all the requirements for trials etc which effectively rules out raw canna products, or anything that isn't a pharma product?  I freely admit it's been a while since I've read it, and not being a lawyer I can't claim I fully understood it when I did, but there was stuff in there which sounded like very clear legalese for "our friends at big pharma only", and I've heard statements along the lines of no raw cannabis products.  None of that proves to me that I'm right in my assumptions, but I'm yet to see or hear anything that clearly contradicts it, so cynical old bastard is controlling my thinking for now.

Pretty much how i see it hashy, all the red tape is still in place in regards to being approved.

It just makes it a lil faster to get ya hands on once you have been given the ok from state and fed levels to import it for your med use...

Yep.  I initially got the feeling when this came out that it was a rushed attempt to shut up all the noise about how obstructive their legislation was turning out to be in reality, especially coming the day after Lucy fucking Haslam started having more public rants.  Just more PR noise with no substance.