I have confused myself - first time grower

ZJade

Hi everyone, I'm new to this.

I have confused myself and don't know where to start/what to buy. So many ways/options.

I want to grow one plant. I want the most simple setup. The simplest way to grow indoors.

Can someone who has started out simple send me a complete list of items I needs to grow indoors - one plant.

I'm muddled and don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance

Hey ZJade,

For the simplest way indoors, you need a pot, a plant and a light. So you don't have the hassles of transplanting, personally I'd start with a 50ltr pot. As for plant, well, the strain is up to you. Now the light. As a newbie I'd probably recommend you get a 400w HPS. I say HPS because you can use it both for grow and flower, where with MH it's recommended that you use MH for grow and then change to HPS for flower. The other option is LED, but the results from LED vary quite a bit. I say 400w but that really depends on the size of your grow space. But 1 plant in a smaller area... ...400w HPS will see you thru. So those are the 'very' basics. But you also have to consider grow space, where you are going to grow. Are you going to use a wardrobe, a tent or build a space? What ever you do you will need your area to be lightproof. You need it lightproof for 2 reasons. 1)Nosey people. If people can see 400w of light coming from a room they will become a bit suspicious. This can lead to visits from police to people trying to steal it from you, and 2)to maintain a set light cycle. In the grow period you need 18hrs of light and 6hrs total darkness. In flower you need 12hrs light and 12hours darkness and I mean total darkness, so you'll also need a timer.

As for watering, being that you're talking about going soil, I'd recommend hand watering rather than using a pump and timer. At least that way if the soil is wet you won't water, where if its automated(pump and timer) you'd probably find the soil being soaked and overwatered.

So that's the basics, and I mean REAL basics. But with the info you've given only real broad basics can be given. More info = more refined answers.

If you have further questions ask away.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

seeds = look at any of Ozstoner's seed sponsors

one plant is great if you have female seeds to start with, and you don't kill it as a seedling (very common for first time growers)

when you say soil you hopefully mean coco?

it's an indoor growing medium that cannabis does quiet well in

soils that you buy at Bunnings do not work very well for cannabis

but yea like the others say, many variables

all things you need to think about 

• Upvote 1