Flowering?

I wanna keep it simple dude i reckon potash is the way to go a organic version i wanna change it soon to kick it on some more . I fed last week with some nitrosol can i go straight to feeding with potash and how often should i feed. I read on a thread a guy was feeding his twice a week!!! Mines only had nitrosol twice in the last month and water only im confused lol any help appreciated

No worries stereoballs, I don't want to complicate things for you. I will let others help you with the bottle questions, I used to grow hydro but even then I didn't use p/k+.

In case you are interested for next grow I will explain water only soil.

Water only for me is completing a grow, from start to finish, using no liquid fertiliser on the soil, whether it be an organic tea or from a bottle and definitely no chemical fertiliser pellets. I topdress at the start and may lightly topdress a few times throughout if the soil is freshly made or if a plant is getting abit large in its final pot. Foliars from teas help if i missed the cue to topdress and are beneficial for hormones b for ease and low maintenance I use self watering beds/pots and keep my soil covered with plastic to keep it from drying so I don't have to do anything really but water down a tube, I do not like adding anything but water into the reservoir.

I make a soil with equal parts

sphagnum peat moss or coco coir

perlite but pumice or scoria is better if you can get it. Pine bark or sand can be used.

compost and/or worm castings.

Aswell as the ingredients I mentioned in my last post I add basalt rockdust for mineralization, and garden lime (not dolomite) for liming the peat.

Pretty simple really and worth the effort considering I have the option to grow notill style in the same pot of soil for years without remixing and having to add much more than mulching.

Www.Buildasoil.com is a good place to learn about growing cannabis organically.

All the best.

No worries stereoballs, I don't want to complicate things for you. I will let others help you with the bottle questions, I used to grow hydro but even then I didn't use p/k+.

In case you are interested for next grow I will explain water only soil.

Water only for me is completing a grow, from start to finish, using no liquid fertiliser on the soil, whether it be an organic tea or from a bottle and definitely no chemical fertiliser pellets. I topdress at the start and may lightly topdress a few times throughout if the soil is freshly made or if a plant is getting abit large in its final pot. Foliars from teas help if i missed the cue to topdress and are beneficial for hormones b for ease and low maintenance I use self watering beds/pots and keep my soil covered with plastic to keep it from drying so I don't have to do anything really but water down a tube, I do not like adding anything but water into the reservoir.

I make a soil with equal parts

sphagnum peat moss or coco coir

perlite but pumice or scoria is better if you can get it. Pine bark or sand can be used.

compost and/or worm castings.

Aswell as the ingredients I mentioned in my last post I add basalt rockdust for mineralization, and garden lime (not dolomite) for liming the peat.

Pretty simple really and worth the effort considering I have the option to grow notill style in the same pot of soil for years without remixing and having to add much more than mulching.

Www.Buildasoil.com is a good place to learn about growing cannabis organically.

All the best.

i'd change one thing , add EM-1 to the sip res http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-1Ltr

this is the same as teraganix EM-1 on buildasoil except made by a diff company in the US & imported to Oz by the above , from = http://www.scdprobiotics.com/ProBio-Balance-Plus-p/a152-1.htm

are you using an earthbox , Greensmart Pot or DIY sip

if your no tilling in sip's with a soil mix you might want to checkout Pedro's Grow Room on you tube  

cheers man

Thanks dude heaps of stuff to look at i might hit you up again come next grow time and pick your brain again. My god so much info to take onboard lol info overload thanks again dude

lol I know what you mean all to well, anytime stereoballs.

I will leave you with this bit of history I like to be reminded of.

Milestones in Agriculture –

Justus von Liebig – in the mid 19th century, German chemist, Justus von Liebig, later dubbed “the father of chemical agriculture”, analysed the ashes of a plant and deduced that, as the major elements present were nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (The N-P-K of modern agriculture), then these must be the principle elements required for plant growth. Before von Liebig’s discovery it was believed that humus was the major source of nourishment for plant growth. Von Liebig attacked the humus theory vehemently and was able to successfully convince European academics that his simplistic three-element nutrition plan was the “one true way” for any rational scientific community.

Von Liebig’s “Chemistry in its Application to Agriculture” was to have such an impact that it still stands as the turning point, where scientific agriculture jettisoned the concept of working with natural processes and cycles, in favour of planned intervention and man-made solutions. Big business, as could be expected, was never far from the state-of-play.

For centuries farmers had controlled their own destiny, nursing and nourishing their soils with techniques of time-honoured tradition. In what seemed a stroke of von Leibig’s pen, that situation changed forever. The principle inputs for food production were now to be purchased from outside the farm gate. Nitrate beds from Chile, potash mines from Germany and American phosphate deposits were sources for the initial N-P-K rush, but in a few short years chemical companies had begun to process and synthesise “the big three”. The profits in providing these new “essential” commodities, on a world stage, were stupendous.

It was no surprise that, when a humbled von Leibig announced ten years later that he had made a huge mistake, his confession was completely ignored. Von Liebig had realised that a large part of the initial response to N-P-K fertilising was actually derived from the release of nutrients from the gradual breakdown of the humus component of the soil. An oversupply of nitrogen was triggering a microbe feeding frenzy, and the overstimulated organisms were devouring organic carbon. The N-P-K approach was actually mining the humus from the soil. Von Liebig had realised that the N-P-K goldrush was a fool’s paradise, which could not be sustained. However, the wheels of big business were oiled and rolling, and nothing was going to stop them. Von Liebig’s new findings vanished without trace. For all intents and purposes, that juggernaut has continued unabated for one and a half centuries since von Liebig’s mistake.

Copied from http://blog.planthealthsolutions.com.au/milestones-agriculture-justus-von-liebig/

i'd change one thing , add EM-1 to the sip res http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-1Ltr

this is the same as teraganix EM-1 on buildasoil except made by a diff company in the US & imported to Oz by the above , from = http://www.scdprobiotics.com/ProBio-Balance-Plus-p/a152-1.htm

are you using an earthbox , Greensmart Pot or DIY sip

if your no tilling in sip's with a soil mix you might want to checkout Pedro's Grow Room on you tube  

cheers man

Yeh itchy that stuff is awesome for sip and in general. I had no idea it was the same as teraganix that is cool. You put me onto it a lil while ago thanks, unfortunately it went off in summer heat. Was using it at irrigation rate of 1:10,000 after using 1:1000 in first fill.

I DIY my sip's. I can't find earth boxes and purchased a greensmart to compare against DIY only to have the company cancel the order because they were on holiday... and glad they did tbh, to me the design is awkward with the tube on the side and size wise is wrong for my area. DIY is cheap and it works, I'm a tight bastard so suits me. I will check the video just now thanks itchy.

Yeh itchy that stuff is awesome for sip and in general. I had no idea it was the same as teraganix that is cool. You put me onto it a lil while ago thanks, unfortunately it went off in summer heat. Was using it at irrigation rate of 1:10,000 after using 1:1000 in first fill.

I DIY my sip's. I can't find earth boxes and purchased a greensmart to compare against DIY only to have the company cancel the order because they were on holiday... and glad they did tbh, to me the design is awkward with the tube on the side and size wise is wrong for my area. DIY is cheap and it works, I'm a tight bastard so suits me. I will check the video just now thanks itchy.

earthbox are here or were here in oz , there earthbox.com.au website is still up , well the last time i looked it was 

but don't try to buy one from the site , there isn't any

i have a greensmart pot which i'm using at the moment , ether my diy coot soil is not good at wicking or i've lost

some or all of the wicking points , this is why i think the earthbox is better , if you loose the wicking points ( Operator Error )

in a earthbox you can easily reset the wicking with only a little root damage in the process , the greensmart pot wicking points

are many , 6 in total directly under the plant & not in 2 corners like the earthbox & impossible to reset , you'd have to start again 

however i'm still running in one the plant looks pretty good , i'm having to spray the top under the shower cap every now

& then , which you shouldn't do in a sip but when wicking is half or fully stuffed gotta to something , i have over watered 

unfortunately with the sprays , Eh , what can ya do , without that she's a pretty happy plant & will be running 4 earthboxes

indoor this year 

i use EM in the sip @ 7.5mil per liter & no other bottles , water , EM & decent soil mix with top dressers 

Have you checked out the Probiotic Wellness Garden = soilless organics in earthboxes 

they use an ounce per gallon of EM in the sip res = same as above rate 

if you watch pedro , he latest vid is not something any grower would want to do but you can def see why he has 2